There are so many simple pleasures in life to help brighten your mood and they are literally all around you! You might not even realize the opportunities because we are so over-scheduled, overbooked, and overdosed with information from the media.
By writing this post, I hope to remind you about all that you have around you – the simple pleasures in your life. You don’t have to spend a tremendous amount of money (or any money) to find joy. Little pleasures in life are everywhere you look.
What are some simple things?
I will go into full detail in a minute about items/experiences you can seek out on a regular basis, but consider moments with your family, nature, and things that bring you comfort.
You might want to sit down and make a personal list. I have a daily self care checklist that you can use to get your brain going if you don’t know where to start. The below suggestions will be a great start, but only you will truly know what simple things in life will spark joy.
What are the simple things in life that make you happy?
Without further adieu, here are 50 simple pleasure in life to help brighten your mood. Most of these suggestions are free and can be found in your day to day life.
Others are seasonal – like snowfall or beach references. Take what you can – when you can! I hope this inspiration puts you on the right path towards self love and self care.
50 Simples Pleasures In Life To Brighten Your Mood
- Newly fallen snow
- A clean room
- The sunrise
- Your favorite book
- Sleeping in on new sheets
- Listening to the ocean
- Your favorite song
- A long, hot shower
- The smell of cookies right out of the oven
- Your favorite drink
- Watching your children play with one another – family bonding
- That first sip of coffee
- Hearing a compliment from a friend
- Resting on someone you love
- Quiet time
- Getting a massage or a manicure
- Allowing yourself to do absolutely nothing for just a moment
- Being in agreement with your peers
- Having time for a nap
- The smell of popcorn while sitting in a movie theater
- Feeling the sand between your toes
- The tastes of chocolate and fine wine… together
- Having absolutely nothing to do
- A stormy night
- No deadlines
- The smell of fresh laundry
- The taste of something decadent
- Meeting up with old friends
- When your favorite song comes on the radio
- Sleeping in on the weekends
- Sitting in the backyard of your house listening to your favorite music
- Waking up to no dishes in the sink
- Having a swim at night with friends
- A long, hard, hug from your child
- A social media freeze
- That feeling you have after a great workout
- A loving gaze from your significant other
- Walking on the beach in the winter without a crowd
- The feeling of a warm, summer breeze
- When your number is called as you wait in line
- A great stretch
- Having a hearty laugh with friends
- Emptying out your inbox
- Paying a bill and having the money to do it
- When your pet comes over and cuddles with you
- Watching the sunrise
- Enjoying a home-cooked meal
- Curling up on the couch with a weighted blanket
- Christmas morning
- Checking off things from your to-do list
What are the greatest pleasures in life?
The greatest pleasures in life are the ones that bring an individual joy. This means that we will have different answers across the board. You might find simple pleasures in life through a sunrise while I might find pure joy from my son’s laughter. Two very different answers but they both provide the same result – happiness.
How can I get pleasure in life?
This is such a great question! Some people believe they don’t deserve pleasure in life! They believe they aren’t worthy of joy. In order to receive pleasure, you have to think that you are WORTHY OF IT.
This all begins in your heart and your mind. So, start from within. Seek these simple pleasures in life because you have earned them.
What are 5 things that make you happy?
It’s time to turn the tables and ask you a personal question. Can you name 5 things that make you happy? Right now? Can you define 5 things that make you happy? If you had to start your own list – what would it look like?
What do you think about these simple pleasures in life? Do they spark joy for you? Would love to hear!