This 30 Day Positivity Challenge will help you change your mindset and take back control of your inner thoughts and emotions. If you find yourself surrounded by negative speak and realize you need to boost your happiness level up, this guide will put you on the right path.
30 Day Positivity Challenge – How To Start And What To Do
We are in control of our thoughts. There’s not much else that we can say we have complete power over in the world. But our minds – yes, we can shut down overwhelming negativity whenever we choose. We just have to be aware and willing. When you realize that you’ve had enough of your toxic, mindless, rants… they will end.
But how do we get there? How can we learn to take back control of our minds and radiate positivity instead? With constant attention and an abundance of self-awareness.
This section contains affiliate links.
You Are In Control Of Your Life
First, I want you to acknowledge that you are in control of your life. And when I say that, I don’t mean your economic status or your marital status. That conversation would fall more in this power of manifestation chat.
What I’m talking about is this –> When you find yourself remembering all the things that make you sad, or angry, or hurt, or violated, or manipulated… remember that you have the control and the power to release that energy back into the universe and let go of those emotions. At any time.
How do I know this? Because I spent years holding onto all of those emotions with white knuckles. I spend most of my 20s and some of my 30s suffocating on regret and guilt and pain until I read a bool by Eckhart Tolle called The Power of Now.
I swear to you on all things holy – it changed my LIFE. Buy it here on Amazon if you are curious. I promise you – nothing but good can come from that book. My whole life turned upside down. It’s a bit new age. Just know that going in.
Whenever I would find myself in a quiet place, I would rush back to darker moments in my life and I would drown in those memories. Almost in an instant. After reading that book, I no longer suffocate. Within seconds, I find myself present again, whole again, blessed again. It has been over 10 years. I only read it once. Get it from the library for goodness sake!
The Power of NOW, the power of awareness, the power of controlling your own thoughts, the power of accepting that are the master of your own THOUGHT… is freeing.
But once I was free of the past, I had to retrain my brain to think in a more fruitful way. I had to relearn to think about positivity and positive thoughts. I had to seek out joy and happiness because it wasn’t always a given for me. But I was willing to try.
Related: How To Show Kindness – 40 Simple Ways To Show Kindness To Others
Practice Positive Thinking On A Daily Basis
When you start practicing positive thinking on a daily basis you will begin to see just how quickly you can retrain your brain. Once you get into this routine, you will be able to shut down any negativity in seconds! At first, you won’t believe it! But then, you won’t believe how you’ve lived in darkness for so long.
This 30 day positivity challenge will help you work on creating a positive environment to help support your emotional and mental health. Positivity is contagious! Once you start, you will see that others will also follow suit.
Related: 80 Things To Cheer You Up
What is a positive challenge?
A Thinking Positive Challenge is really simple to start. It basically requires you to try to maintain positive thoughts and attitudes all day and night. It is a full decision to remove any negativity from your mind and life for 30 days in a row. The more you keep this thought-process in action, the more it will STICK.
Rules For The Positivity Challenge
There are four rules for this positivity challenge that I would like you to please adhere to if you can. They are simple enough and easy to follow:
- Don’t skip any of the days.
- Be aware of all of your emotions. Don’t let yourself linger in ones that don’t serve you well.
- During your downtime, practice thinking positively. Even when you’re not working on the specific task of the day, if you find a few clear moments – use them to spark joy in your own mind.
- Kick off every morning with a daily affirmation – Here are 31.
- Last but not least, if you are lucky enough to have parents, siblings, kids, cousins, cats – I don’t care WHO is near you, spend some time every day working on family bonding. Even if you have to do it virtually! Connectivity is key in society. We are all too alone.
List Of Activities To Help You Radiate Positivity
- When you think of something awful happening today, turn it around and think of the absolute best version of that event instead.
- Go for a walk today without any social media distractions and take notice of how the fresh air makes you feel. If you need music, please feel free.
- Write a list of 10 things that you love about yourself. Hang it up on your mirror.
- Practice breathing through an emotion. Are you feeling sad? Angry? Breathe. Release that emotion right out of your body. Physically FEEL IT LEAVING YOU.
- Every time you walk by a mirror today, say something positive about yourself to yourself out loud. If you are at work, whisper it.
- Say please and thank you to everyone you see. Hold doors open. Go out of your way to serve the public and watch the response you get in return. Happiness spreads Happiness.
- Purchase thank you notes and keep them on hand. By the end of this challenge, I’d like you to send someone a thank you note by mail.
- Assess your schedule today and consider whether or not you are getting enough rest for a positive mind. Are you doing too much? What can you do for a healthier body, mind, soul?
- What is something that you are proud of about yourself? What have you done in your life that you feel good about? Ready to try something new? Make a list of ten things you’d like to work on this year that you’ve always wanted to do.
- Smile. Smile all day. Smile until people think you are starting to look crazy.
- Write a letter to yourself and tell her that you think she is absolutely amazing.
- There are 100 things to be thankful for! What are you thankful for right now? Make a list before you go to bed.
- I made this thankful photography checklist for kids. Take a look at it and go on a similar hunt of your own except choose items that spark joy in your life.
- Read a few positivity articles, find a podcast, check out some YouTube videos.
- Offer compliments to strangers.
- Spend a few minutes imagining what your ideal life would look like. Journal it.
- When was the last time you met up with someone that is pure happiness? Schedule a meeting with him/her.
- You need a good laugh! See a good comedy tonight.
- If you have issues in your life that you can’t seem to solve, lean on someone today and ask for advice.
- Every time you find yourself in an elevator, at a red light, waiting on line in a store, think of something great that has happened in your life.
- Have a dance party in your house today – by yourself. Yes, I really did write this.
- Write a letter to yourself and forgive her.
- Download one of those free meditation apps and consider adding this to your routine on a regular basis.
- Work on something you know how to do really well. I don’t care if it is video gaming, sewing, making a great cup of coffee. Knock it out of the park and own it! Acknowledge your success at the end of it.
- Have you ever thought about taking up journaling full time? Every night before you go to sleep? For the rest of the positivity challenge, try to write down your positive thoughts only.
- Generously give your time to a volunteer program, or donate, or find some food in your house and donate it, or go online and set up auto-pay to your local church. Here is my church if you don’t have one that you are affiliate with.
- Acknowledge today – and this is a big one – that you have to remove the negative people in your life. If they are really close family members, then just limit the amount of time you spend with them. Your health matters.
- Self care matters – when was the last time you pampered yourself? Took a nap? Ate a green?
- Focus on solutions today – not problems. When you find yourself worried about issues, flip the thoughts around.
- Define a handful of positive people that can become your new circle. Start getting to know them better.
- Name 10 things you can celebrate about your life right now.
- BONUS: Work on seeing good in people and situations, but then also recognizing that it doesn’t mean that they deserve your energy if it is draining.
Are You Ready To Get Started On Your Positivity Journey?
I hope this challenge has given you some inspiration to consider working on your inner speak. Remove any negative thoughts and instead become a positive person today. Do you have any tips you’d like to share? Would love to hear.
25 Self Belief Quotes To Help You Get Out Of That Slump