This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars recipe is guaranteed to put a huge smile on your face and become one of your favorite desserts. This great recipe combines buttery cookie crust and a creamy cheesecake filling, guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
This delicious cheesecake dessert is cut up into small pieces, making it the ultimate option that travels. While a full-size cheesecake is always a nice option to offer to friends, these easy cheesecake bars are a great alternative for those looking for something with a twist.
Here’s the bonus, this recipe starts off with cake mix and is topped with Cool Whip. So, when I tell you that this is a low-maintenance recipe, please believe me. A make-ahead sweet treat that everyone in your family will love.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 a cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 box of extra moist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 packages of cream cheese
- 8 oz. of cool whip
- 1/3 of a cup of sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch metal pan. In a large mixing bowl mix together oil, eggs, vanilla, and water. Add cake mix and mix together by hand until well blended.
Fold in chocolate chips. Spread an even layer onto the bottom of your pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until the bottom layer is golden brown. In a large mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, cool whip, and sugar until your cream cheese layer is smooth.
Mix with an electric mixer on high until smooth. You may need to make two batches if you have a deep pan. Spread your cheesecake batter evenly over the cookie layer and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours – wrapped in plastic wrap.
Serve and enjoy! What do you think of my Cookie Cheesecake Bars recipe? Something you’d like to try out? Totally doable, right? If you are looking for more dessert ideas, be sure to check out my recipe section.
The best thing about these dessert bars is that when you are ready to serve them, you can just move bars to a plate and enjoy! Perfect for future bake sales, Bunko parties, Christmas gatherings, or baby showers.
Variations and Tips
- If you’d like to make a buttery graham cracker crust instead of using a cake mix as your base, you can use graham cracker crumbs instead of the cake mix box.
- Consider adding a tablespoon of Nutella to your cream cheese mixture to give this recipe a richer flavor profile. It is the best way to quickly give it a creamier feel, but with little effort. This version is one of my favorite recipes!
- I rarely photograph with parchment paper, but it’s always easier to work with desserts if you start with a base of this tool.
- You could substitute out the oil for room temperature butter. Just make sure you beat butter until smooth.
- When storing your cookie dough cheesecake bars, use an airtight container and refrigerate.
I love easy recipes and whenever you start with a boxed cake mix, I know it’s not going to be a tough day in the kitchen. These are absolutely the best cheesecake bars, especially if you love chocolate chips. It’s a good thing I do. 🙂 I tend to add a bit more to my cheesecake layer then I suggest, but that’s just me. What do you think about these chocolate chip cookie bars? Willing to give them a shot? If you are looking for more cookie trays or dessert ideas, be sure to check out my recipe section.
- Unicorn Cheesecake Bar Recipe
- Latte BonBons Recipe
- Lemon Bars Recipe
- Blueberry Pie Bars Recipe
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Chewy Crunch Peppermint Cookies
- Cherry Cheesecake Recipe – A New York Classic
- 5-Minute No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- The Easiest No Bake Cheesecake Oreo Bites Recipe
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cheesecake Recipe
- * 1/2 a cup of oil
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 tablespoon of Water
- * 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- * 1 box of Extra Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- * 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- * 1 and 1/2 packages of Cream Cheese
- * 8 oz. of cool whip
- * 1/3 of a cup of Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch metal pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together oil, eggs, vanilla, and water.
- Add cake mix and mix together by hand until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in the bottom of your pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, cool whip, and sugar.
- Mix with hand mixer on high until smooth. (You may need to make two batches if you have a deep pan.)
- Spread evenly over cookie bottom and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g