I love to make this easy pecan pie recipe whenever I have company during the colder months. It is a perfect dessert idea for Thanksgiving. I don’t host that holiday THANK GOODNESS. I don’t think I could handle the 40+ people that gather to eat turkey. However, I do like to bring a sweet treat along to give to the hostess. This easy pecan pie recipe is stress-free and I hope you try it. Nutty and sweet with just the right crunch.
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe – Dessert Idea For Thanksgiving
And by the way – I am not someone who makes my own dough. So, if you are looking for a Thanksgiving recipe from scratch… you’ve come to the wrong place and I am sorry. I am just not that kind of blogger. I’m more of a semi-homemade kind of girl. 🙂 You know, half the effort but all the flavor. I rather spend my time eating the dessert instead of preparing it.
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients
For the Filling:
* 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
* 1 stick unsalted butter
* 3 large eggs
* 1 cup light corn syrup
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, 3/4 cup chopped
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe Directions
Scrape the vanilla seeds into a skillet; add the butter and the vanilla pod. Cook over medium-high heat until the butter browns, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Spread the chopped pecans in the crust and pour in the corn syrup mixture. Top with the remaining 3/4 cup pecan halves.
Place the pie on the hot baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cover the entire top with foil, then continue baking until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard the foil. Cool completely on a rack.
Thanks to the Food Network Magazine. I’ve been busy! Want to see more of what I’ve cooked lately? Check out some of my latest recipes:
- Apple Cider Margarita Recipe: Perfect Fall Recipe To Share With Friends
- Gluten Free Cupcake: Cookies And Cream Recipe
- Dessert Apple Nachos: You’re Welcome
- Cranberry Pecan Pull Apart Brie Bread Recipe
- Nutella Bites Recipe: Getting Gorgeous In The Kitchen
- Homemade Mini Apple Pie Recipe
- Greek Rice Pudding Recipe: Authentic Like Yia Yia
What do you think about pecan pie? Are you going to give this easy pecan pie recipe a shot? I hope you do!