Sometimes you just want to make your breakfast all in one dish. This sausage casserole is the perfect recipe for mornings when you are looking for a lot of protein, flavor, and CHEESE.
Breakfast Loaded Sausage Casserole Recipe
The best part about breakfast casseroles is that you can add whatever you want to your mixing bowl, making this the perfect excuse to clean out your fridge and make sure no food goes to waste in your house. Have some scallions that are on their last legs? Chop them and throw them in! Load up your casserole with anything and everything you’d want.
Additions To Consider For Your Sausage Casserole
- cooked bacon
- fresh herbs
- chopped broccoli
- sweet potato
Either way, this egg bake recipe will certainly be a hit. Here’s everything you need to get started with the base.
You can make your own breakfast sausage casserole by combining the ingredients below.
- White bread – You will need to cut the bread into 1/2″ cubes.
- Ground sausage – Once you brown the sausage, be sure to drain the grease.
- Eggs – You don’t have to worry about bringing these eggs down to room temperature.
- Milk – This adds moisutre to the dish.
- Seasoning – Include garlic powder, salt, ground mustard, and ground black pepper.
- Shredded cheese – It wouldn’t be a casserole without cheese to keep all the layers together.
Looking for some easy and delicious dinner ideas? You’ve come to the right place! “40 Delicious Dinner Ideas” is packed with recipes that are simple to cook and only require ingredients you likely have in your refrigerator right now. So why wait? Get cooking!
How To Make Sausage Egg Casserole:
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Top with sausage and half of the cheese.
Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, mustard, and pepper and carefully pour on top of the sausage mixture in the pan.
Bake for 30-33 minutes or until edges begin to brown and the center is set when a knife is inserted into it. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven to 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Makes 18 squares.
Tips and Variation
- Consider adding 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- Vegetables are an amazing addition to this casserole – think about peppers, broccoli, and onions to get you started
- Change the shredded cheese you mix in and add different flavors like monterary or swiss
- To make this dish ahead of time, simply refrigerate it overnight once all ingredients are mixed together. Then allow the casserole to sit on your counter for 30 minutes before baking.
- A lot of people love ketchup, but don’t forget the hot sauce. My husband loves to have eggs with hot sauce.
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1lb ground sausage, browned and grease drained
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Top with sausage and half of the cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, mustard, and pepper and carefully pour on top of the sausage mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until edges begin to brown and the center is set when a knife is inserted into it. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven to 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Makes 18 squares
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
- Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe – Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Loaded Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe