This feta tomato quiche is the perfect brunch recipe to serve over the weekend to friends or family. I’ve been looking for a perfect dish to have in my back pocket – filled with all the right flavors – and I think I found it! Sauteed onions, basils, cherry tomatoes, and of course, lots of feta.
Feta Tomato Quiche
This is a bold-flavored dish and something that can stand on its own. It’s hearty enough and filled with enough protein to satisfy your hunger. Grab your pie plate, your pastry base, and everything else you need to get started. There is so much flavor included in this recipe, you won’t want to wait another minute.
The following ingredients are included in a pastry shell.
- Butter: I prefer unsalted, since we’ll be adding salt later.
- Onion: your fave is fine, just go for a fine chop.
- Cherry/Grape Tomatoes: a mix of both or just one of the two
- Feta Cheese: Feta cheese adds a ton of flavor.
- Basil: It’s always best to use fresh if you can find it.
- Eggs: the main ingredient of any quiche
- Milk: to get that perfect fluffiness
- Seasoning: Oregano, salt, and black pepper to taste
Looking for some easy and delicious dinner ideas? You’ve come to the right place! “40 Delicious Dinner Ideas” is packed with recipes that are simple to cook and only require ingredients you likely have in your refrigerator right now. So why wait? Get cooking!
How To Make Feta Quiche
Preheat the oven to 350 and spread the crust into a pie dish. Flute the edges. Poke holes into the crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
In a small skillet, cook butter and onions together just until soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes. Spread into the bottom of the pie crust. Add tomato halves, cheese, and basil to the crust. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk well. Add oregano, salt, and pepper and mix. Pour on top of the quiche crust.
Bake for 30-33 minutes or until a fork stuck in the center comes out clean. Let the quiche dish stand for 15-20 minutes, then slice and serve.
This feta quiche with tomato recipe serves 8.
Tips and Variations
- You can store this quiche covered in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. This will prevent excess moisture from building.
- If you want to add a bit of sweetness to this dish, consider adding a tablespoon of maple syrup before baking.
- Additional seasoning will change the taste. Consider your favorite spices to make slight alterations.
- Garnish with chopped fresh or dried herbs.
- Quiche makes the perfect hostess gift if you are heading to a brunch. Add a green salad as a side dish.
- Add a protein like bacon or Canadian ham.
- If you want to swap out the feta, consider a mixture of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Be sure to watch the edges of your pie shell to avoid a crispy crust.
A great way to meal prep is to make this recipe the night before. Then heat and serve when guests arrive. Cover with aluminum foil while reheating.
- Fresh Feta Dip – Appetizer Made With Cucumbers And Kalamata Olives
- Easy Bacon Breakfast Taco Recipe
- Cheesy Bacon And Egg Muffins
- Easy Overnight French Toast Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Breakfast Enchiladas Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Feta Cheese Basil And Tomato Quiche Recipe
This feta tomato quiche is the perfect brunch recipe to serve over the weekend to friends or family. I've been looking for a perfect dish to have in my back pocket - filled with all the right flavors - and I think I found it!
- 1 uncooked refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup quartered cherry and grape tomatoes
- 1 small container, 4 oz, crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and spread the crust into a pie dish. Flute the edges. Poke holes into the crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a small skillet, cook butter and onions together just until soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes. Spread into the bottom of the pie crust. Add tomatoes, cheese and basil to crust.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk well. Add oregano, salt and pepper and mix. Pour on top of crust.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until a fork stuck in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 568mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g