With three children and an overpacked cooler, I have to make sure that my kids’ beach chairs are lightweight and something that they can carry on their own. If everyone carries something, that long walk to the shore is a lot easier on mom.
The Best Packable Kid’s Beach Chairs For The Summer
It’s all about owning the right equipment when it comes to time in the sun. And – if we are being honest – it’s really about not overpacking or underpacking. A toddler beach chair is necessary if you are someone who packs a seat for yourself. Otherwise, you will spend the day battling over that small square of polyester. Yeah, I said it.
Maybe your little doesn’t like the feeling of sand on their legs just yet. A children’s folding beach chair will act as a barrier for them – a form of protection – whenever they want to escape that unfamiliar feeling of the ground.
Honestly, it’s just worth bringing it. I’ve learned that with my three. We used to drag a huge wagon with us and break a sweat. But now, everyone takes one or two things and we work as a team. It’s just SO MUCH EASIER THIS WAY. Teach your kids that they have to help early on – even if it’s just their shovel and pail as a toddler. You will thank me later.
Back to the seats! Here is a look at my top ten favorite picks for kid’s beach chairs. I’ve been sticking my toes in the sand with my family for 15+ years. We’ve tried them all! We’ve carried them all. We’ve broken them all! Trust me. There is something for everyone on this list.
Kids Beach Chairs Features
Before I get to my final ten, there are a few things you need to think about:
- Do you need to carry your chair on your back to keep your hands free to hold onto your little?
- Do you want your child to have a place to hold their drink? The answer is probably yes.
- How about a back pocket to store dry clothing etc.?
- Do you need a kid-friendly design?
- What about an overhead canopy for extra shade? That’s a plus!
- Is it light-weight?
- What about naps? Does it fold down and flat? Do you need that or can you use a towel when it’s time for that?
Now that you’ve thought of every scenario you could possibly go through while at the beach with kids, let’s go through some great options to consider when purchasing a child’s beach chairs.
Top Ten Youth Beach Chair Options For The Summer
This section contains affiliate links.
What do you think? Any of these options work for you? Would love to hear! Looking to keep your kids occupied once you actually get set up? Check out my other posts below:
- 25 Fun Things To Do At The Beach With Kids – Family Beach Activities
- Beach Scavenger Hunt Printable For Kids – Family Fun Activity
- 8 Things To Bring To The Beach If You Have Kids
- Heading To The Beach? Here Are 11 Fab Essentials