Peanut Butter Chocolate Pine Cones are absolute crowd pleasers! Wouldn’t you agree? I mean – total showstoppers. Imagine bringing these to Grandma’s house during the holidays! They almost look too good to eat. Almost. 🙂 While I don’t typically post recipes that offer up such detail and PA-ZAZZZZZZ (I hope you read that while mentally shaking your jazz hands), I couldn’t resist sharing this holiday dessert. These pine cones will make a wonderful display piece for your upcoming holiday party and (ahem) they are edible, too.
This is definitely a holiday dessert that the children can help with… just be sure to stick around to assist. The pine cones are easy to replicate once you get the hang of it… but if you are a perfectionist, you might want to adjust a few pieces before presenting them to the crowd.
Ok! Are you ready for your official holiday instructions? Don’t forget to play your favorite Christmas music while melting the chocolate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pine Cones Ingredients
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, Softened
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Cups Cocoa Muddy Buddies (recipe follows)
- 3 Pretzel Rods, halved
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pine Cones Instructions
- In a bowl combine the Peanut Butter, Cocoa Powder, and Powdered Sugar. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- After the mixture is firm, divide into 6 even parts.
- Take one part and wrap around a Pretzel Rod half. Form it into a cone shape. Wide at the bottom and narrower at the top.
- Starting at the bottom place the Muddy Buddies (see below) in a circular fashion around the cone. Working in a spiral continue up the cone. The bottom ones should be closer to horizontal and as you work up the angle should move up getting closer to vertical.
- At the top cover the end with a few of the broken pieces that you will find after making the Muddy Buddies, or cut some in half.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dust with additional Powdered Sugar for a snowy effect.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pine Cones: Cocoa Muddy Buddies
- ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 teas. Vanilla
- 5 Cups Chex Cereal
- ¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter and Butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave in additional 15-second increments stirring after each until melted and smooth. Stir in the Vanilla.
- In a large bowl add the Cereal and pour the melted chocolate over the top. Gently fold with a spatula until the Cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a Gallon size resealable bag.
- In a small bowl combine the Powdered Sugar and Cocoa Powder, sprinkle about half into the bag with the Cereal. Seal the bag, make sure you leave lots of air in the bag, then shake to coat.
- Add the remaining Sugar and Cocoa and shake again.
- Serve or keep in a sealed bag or airtight container.
Pin For Peanut Butter Chocolate Pine Cones
Looking for more dessert recipes?
- Mint Ice Cream Cookie Cups Recipe
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cheesecake Recipe
- Nutella Bites Recipe: Getting Gorgeous In The Kitchen
- How To Make Snowball Cookies: Easy Recipe With Video
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe