Mint Ice Cream Cookie Cups Recipe
This is such a fun recipe to keep on hand because it is easy to make and will definitely please a crowd. If you aren’t into Mint, change the flavors up – not an issue! Get the concept down and roll with it, my friends! Here’s what you need to get this frozen treat started.
Yields: 2 dozen cups
Prep: 20 minutes + 1 hour freeze time
- 48 oz tub of mint ice cream
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package of chocolate mint cookies (great way to use up Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies!)
- 24 cupcake wrappers
- 2 cupcake pans
- Set the ice cream out and allow it to soften
- While you wait, insert cupcake wrappers in your muffin pans
- Place the chocolate mint cookies in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are crushed (can also place in ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush)
- Sprinkle a layer of your mixture into the bottom of each cupcake wrapper
- Top with a layer of the softened mint chocolate ice cream – leaving about a quarter of an inch space at the top for the chocolate layer
- Place the cupcake pans in the freezer while completing the next step
- Using a small sauce pan on low heat, melt the chocolate chips – stirring consistently.
- Add the heavy cream and combine. Additional heavy cream may be added to taste, if desired.
- Remove the cupcake pans from the freezer, and pour the chocolate sauce on top of the ice cream layer. Optional – add a few chocolate chips or sprinkles to the top
- Place the cupcake pans back in the freezer for at minimum 1 hour to allow the mint ice cream cookie cups to harden
*Ice cream cookie cups should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer
Want more Thin Mint recipes? Try out my Thin Mint Brownie Recipe – from scratch!