Every Christmas, my mother and I would make snowball cookies together. I loved it because I got to play with powdered sugar and my mother loved it because the ingredients list was so simple. Now that I have a little baker of my own, it brings me so much joy to continue on with this tradition.
Snowball cookies are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious to eat!! Natalie and I did a Facebook Live last week as we made our first batch. Take a look or follow along with the written recipe below.
Snowball Cookie Recipe
Heat oven to 325°F
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (room temp)
- 1 tp vanilla
- Box of powdered sugar (to decorate)
- Red/Green crystals (optional)
- Cream 1/2 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add flour and vanilla.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
- Stir in walnuts
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until very lightly browned (don’t over bake)
- Cool 5-10 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when cool.
- Sprinkle with colored crystals
This snowball cookie recipe came from my mother’s website. Give Groovin Moms a visit!