I have a feeling that you are going to love this cauliflower stuffing recipe – especially if you are carb conscious. Keto is all the rage these days. I have so many friends and family members that are currently living the lifestyle.
But you know what? We just happen to love cauliflower and tend to eat this on regular weeknights because of the TASTE. So, whether or not you are doing KETO doesn’t really matter. The flavor profile is good enough to serve to anyone.
Either way, I thought I’d share a recipe that you could use this Thanksgiving and beyond. Keto cauliflower stuffing is really easy to make and is absolutely delicious. A true crowd pleaser.
I actually LOVE to make cauliflower instead of potatoes. Or at the very least, I like to mix the two together while making mashed potatoes – nobody knows the difference! 🙂 Such a great way to bring in some vegetables into the mix.
Low carb stuffing for the win! This low carb stuffing recipe serves about 8 people and is a real showstopper.
Low Carb Stuffing – Keto Cauliflower Stuffing Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients For Cauliflower Stuffing:
You need all fresh ingredients for this keto cauliflower stuffing. If you aren’t a fan of mushrooms – my three kids are NOT – just skip them. If you want to add peppers into the mix – go ahead and do that. Make it your own.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped then pulsed 4-5 times in a food processor
- 2 celery stalks, sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions For Low Carb Stuffing Recipe:
Ok, so the directions for this low carb stuffing are pretty simple. Chop, sautee, cover, and simmer. Then serve! It really is pretty much that, but let me try to break it down into simpler steps. Here’s the official break down.
Melt your butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add chopped celery, carrots and onion and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chopped cauliflower and mushrooms, and stir. Add salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes. Watch to see the vegetables soften.
Add chicken stock, fresh and dry herbs, and stir well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if you think it is necessary. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes), stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
What do you think about this low carb stuffing recipe? Something you’re willing to try? Even if you aren’t trying to live a low carb kind of life, it will satisfy your needs! The low carb stuffing is absolutely delicious and hearty as can be.
Doesn’t Need To Be For Thanksgiving
I know I am pushing out this recipe for Thanksgiving, but honestly, you can make this Keto Cauliflower Stuffing Recipe anytime you WANT. Don’t wait for the Fall.
Low carb it all year long. I’m really going to try to be more conscious of how many carbs I eat during dinner moving forward.
In the morning, it’s not that big of a deal for me, but at NIGHT I AM THE WORST OMG PLEASE SOMEONE STOP ME. LOL!! 🙂 Please tell me I am not the only one.
Need more information about Keto?
Do you need some help trying to understand the keto diet more? Here are some great reads to get you started!
Can I Make Low Carb Stuffing On Thanksgiving?
Absolutely – who is going to care? Well, maybe your uncle will, but he can skip it and eat the 900 other sides you are going to put out that day if he is against it. Trust me, we make this dish all the time and everyone will be happy with the taste. No one will complain.
Can I Prepare This The Night Before?
This is one of those dishes you can prepare the night before. You can save yourself some time on the big day. So, yes! Feel free to prep ahead.
When you are ready to serve, just heat it on the stove with a bit more butter until it is warmed through. Or you could microwave it if your stove is completely taken over.
If you like my low carb stuffing recipe, then you will love these recipes:
- Chicken and Pepper Fajitas
- Stuffed Lasagna Zucchini Bowls
- Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
- Also, do not miss these KETO Bacon Ranch Pinwheels from my friend!
- How to boil artichokes
Want more Thanksgiving ideas? I have you covered!
- Pumpkin Bites Dessert Recipe
- Thanksgiving Chocolate Turkey Leg Treats
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
This post contains affiliate links
- * 1 head of cauliflower, chopped then pulsed 4-5 times in a food processor
- * 2 celery stalks, sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- * 2 carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- * 1 onion, chopped small
- * 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- * 4 tablespoons butter
- * ½ cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- * ¼ cup fresh parsley
- * 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- * 1 teaspoon ground sage
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped celery, carrots and onion and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped cauliflower and mushrooms, and stir. Add salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes.
- Add chicken stock, fresh and dry herbs and stir well.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.