If you are in the market for Thanksgiving dessert ideas, I have one that is super cute and FUN to eat! These Chocolate Turkey Leg treats are made with Snickers and are really easy to assemble. Chocolate lovers will go NUTS once you bring these out – adults and children alike. What a creative way to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends.
I know Thanksgiving dessert ideas usually revolve around pies and cobblers, but I thought giving you this festive little option would change things up a bit. What do you think about these Chocolate Covered Turkey Legs? I CAN’T!!! Let’s get started with the recipe breakdown.
- Chocolate Discs/Melts (Cocoa Lite/Milk Chocolate)
- Ghirardelli White Chips
- Honey Wheat Braided Pretzels
- Mini Marshmallows
- Snack size Snicker Bars
- Put Ghirardelli white chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to do this until chips are all melted.
- Dip the end of a mini marshmallow in the white chocolate and attach it to the bottom right side of the pretzel. Repeat this for the left side. (You should have 2 marshmallows stuck on each bottom side of the pretzel. Continue to do this until you have the quantity of pretzels you desire. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Stick cookie sheet in the refrigerator for a few minutes or until chocolate is hardened, then take out.
- Next, take your unwrapped snicker bar and shape it around the top of the pretzel. Mold it until it forms the shape of a turkey leg.
- Now, take your turkey legs and dip just the pretzel and marshmallow part into the white chocolate, just up to the snickers. Put in refrigerator until hardened.
- Melt your chocolate discs/melts in microwave same as you did the Ghirardelli white chips.
- Then, hold the “bone” and dip just the snickers part into the melted chocolate. Make sure to get a nice even coat on the front and back. Dip only until you reach the top of the “bone”. Lay back down on parchment paper and put in refrigerator until hardened.
- Now, they are ready to be gobbled right up!