How To Make Turkey Lollipops: Fun Recipe For Thanksgiving
Ok seriously…. let’s talk about candy for a minute. I will take sour and sweet over creamy and rich any day of the week. Want to know what to do with all your leftover Halloween candy? How about these adorable Turkey Suckers???
Turkey Lollipops are just so FUN. You just need a few ingredients to get started.
- Jolly Ranchers – orange, yellow, green, red
- Orange Tic-Tacs
- Candy eyes (note: candy eyes are hard to find locally – consider going online for purchase)
- Red hot candies
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and unwrap Jolly Ranchers
- Stick together 2 yellow jolly ranchers vertically and make sure they are touching. Then take your red, orange and green jolly ranchers and stick them above the yellow ones in a fan motion. Leave enough space so when they come out of the oven you can put a sucker stick in them.
- Stick in oven for about 5-6 minutes. Keep a close eye on them and take them out when you get the melted desire you are wanting.
- Immediately roll the end of a sucker stick in each lollipop towards the bottom.
- Quickly add the candy eyes, tic-tacs and redhots. If candy starts to harden, don’t worry! Get a lighter and heat where you want the candies to go. Hold for a few seconds. It will melt the candy just enough so you can stick the candies on.
- Set at room temperature until hardened, about 10 minutes.
Looking for more Thanksgiving Fun?
Be sure to check out all of our Thanksgiving posts for ideas on what to cook, DIY crafts to make with the kids and more.