Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Ok, Instant Pot fans – I finally have a recipe to share with you and it’s a good one. I’m gearing up for the Fall already because that’s just the way the Internet works. I make fun of all the stores when I walk in looking for a bathing suit in July and they are selling Halloween decorations… and yet HERE I AM pushing sweet potato casserole in August. LOL! Forgive me, but you will be looking for this in a few weeks and I wanted to be sure that it was live and waiting once you do.
This Instant Pot recipe requires you to use your oven as well. There’s no way to get that browning on the marshmallows in the Instant Pot and TRUST ME it will be worth it! Check out what you need to do and enjoy!!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 C sweet potatoes (washed, peeled and chopped)
- 2 1/2 C brown sugar (packed) plus 1 C for topping
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 C water
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Directions:
- Wash, peel, chop your potatoes and set into the instant pot. Add the water to the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to Manual, High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking has completed, do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Once the pressure has been released open the pot.
- Mash the sweet potatoes inside your pot. Turn your instant pot to saute.
- Add the milk, and butter to your sweet potatoes. Mix to combine.
- Add the brown sugar and spices. Mix to combine.
- Preheat your oven to a low broil.
- Continue to cook on saute for five minutes while stirring often.
- Scoop the sweet potato casserole into a baking dish.
- Top your casserole with the remaining brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallow and chopped walnuts
- Place the casserole dish onto the bottom rack of the oven
- Bake in the oven for 3-6 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted
- Remove the potato casserole from the oven and serve warm.
What do you think? Looks delicious, right? YUM and YUM!