Did you know that you can make air fryer salmon using frozen pieces of fish? No need to worry about defrosting for this recipe.
With some air fryer recipes, you need to defrost to achieve the best results. But follow along for a delicious meal using minimal effort.
- 2 frozen salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or one fresh wedge)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- lemon wedges and fresh cooked broccoli for serving
- chopped fresh parsley
How To Make Frozen Air Fry Salmon
Preheat air fryer to 390.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix well.
Place salmon fillets, skin side down, into the air fryer basket. Top with the seasoning mixture using a pastry brush.
Cook in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 145 degrees. Top with cayenne pepper and serve with lemon slices, chopped fresh parsley, and broccoli.
Tips and Variations
- Consider giving new life to leftover salmon by placing the pieces in your air fryer and reasoning. What a great way to use up all of your food.
- Serve alongside cauliflower rice or a baked potato. You could even place the fish on top of a salad and call it a day.
- Additional seasoning to consider: lemon pepper seasoning, chili powder, cajun seasoning, dry rub, brown sugar, soy sauce, or even red pepper flakes.
- This healthy meal takes less time to make than if you went out to a restaurant and ordered the dish.
- For a variation, consider making air fryer salmon bites instead. Cut up your fish into smaller pieces before cooking. Your kids will enjoy the smaller pieces and the nice crispy texture that is offered in every bite.
- Even though this recipe focuses on frozen, you can absolutely use fresh fish. It’s such an easy weeknight meal and there are so many different ways to serve this option.
- To store, use an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to three days.
Looking for more great recipes using only simple ingredients and basic seasonings to try out? Be sure to print my air fryer chicken wings, air fryer brussels sprouts, and air fryer asparagus.