I have so many first day of school wishes for my children this year because today was a HUGE milestone for us. Going back to school was a big deal for us! We welcomed a high schooler, a 7th grader, and a 1st grader into the fold.
It was such a joyous occasion. We welcome back to school with open arms – even though this year, I became an official mom to a 9th grader.
Either way, we couldn’t wait for our children to head back in and see their friends, meet their new teachers, and get back into a proper routine. As much as I love the summer, sometimes not working with a schedule can be daunting for a work-at-home parent. Happy First Day of School!
First Day Of School Wishes For My Three Children
That’s why we sat down with the children and told them all of the wonderful things we hoped they will enjoy during this new season. Going back to school doesn’t have to be a negative thing. In fact, depending on how you position it, it can feel like a brand-new journey.
Sure, there’s going to be homework and tests… but what about recess and ice pops with friends? Sleepovers and science lab? Am I the only one that loved science lab? I was obsessed with my teacher’s rock closet. Am I dating myself?
The most important thing is for our kids to have a positive attitude when thinking about the new year and their new adventure.
Either way, focus on the good and your children will do the same. Worry less about common core math and more about that crazy bus ride in the morning, and your young one will begin to do the same.
If you are looking for different ways to welcome back to school, here are a few wishes you could share with your children. A new mindset can shift their perspective and mood entirely.
My First Day Of School Wishes
- I hope my children make new friends and aren’t afraid to put themselves out there to introduce themselves to classmates they haven’t met before.
- I hope my children are welcoming and friendly to anyone they come across.
- I hope my children welcome new opportunities with open arms.
- I hope they have lots of fun.
- I hope they meet new people while still holding onto their old best friends.
- I pray that my kids keep an open mind – a curious mind – and that they continue to always want to know more.
- It is my wish that during school, my children aren’t afraid to ask for help when they need it. May this lead to a successful school year.
- One of my biggest first-day-of-school wishes is that they treat everyone with kindness and that they receive that kindness in return.
- School can feel very overwhelming in the beginning. I hope that all of my little ones understand that every day should be looked at singularly. They should never feel like they have to take on the world. Small steps. Small bites. One class at a time.
- I pray that they understand that my husband and I are here for them, always.
- May they easily find their way around and address new challenges with no stress.
- While school is about education, I do wish that they also have a great time with friends when the time permits and when it’s appropriate.
- I hope they listen to my words of encouragement and understand that they will have a wonderful time – no matter what!
- May they live a happy life – beyond this big day. May these manifestations transcend their school life and push out to their entire new chapter.
- I hope they appreciate the value of hard work and realize big change comes from the sum of small efforts.
- I would love for all three of them to be open with us about what happens within those four walls every afternoon when they come home. That is also a huge wish! Never be so tired that you can’t talk about your day.
- I hope they realize the best thing about this family is the fact that they have one another. Yes, good friends are important – but family is everything. School days and beyond.
- Lastly, I pray that my children get everything they want out of the experience – and more. School is truly the foundation of life. May they use these building blocks to build a life that they want.
I have so many more first day of school wishes in my head, but I am going to stop here because I could go on and on and ON! LOL!
First Day Of School Quotes – Inspirational Quotes
And just because I am in such a mood, I wanted to share a few great first day of school quotes with you to get you amped up and excited about how important this season truly is for our little ones. I love reading quotes like this.
In fact, I have a group for entrepreneurs called Permission to Hustle and I constantly share quotes in there as a way to inspire, motivate, and educate. A quote can be exactly what someone needs to kickstart their morning. Read these to your kids as they head out the door this week!
- “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Charles Dederich
- “You’re off to great to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
- “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” – Jenny Han
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “I’m not going to school just for the academics. I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.” – Emma Watson
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
- “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later.” – Dana Stewart Scott
- “The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris
There are so many more quotes to search. Look up Nelson Mandela, Taylor Swift, Albert Einstein, Lily Tomlin, Michelle Obama, Helen Keller, and John Dewey to read more.
Welcome Back To School
How do you welcome back to school in your home? We try to do a variety of different things that are beyond getting a new backpack. Making favorite meals is definitely one thing we tend to do. Family game night is another. Decorating the house with balloons or little trinkets from the Dollar Store is another cute idea that always gets the kids excited when they return home from their first day away from us all. It’s up to you!
However you decide to welcome back to school season into your life is up to you! It will work as long as you decide to make it special. Going back to school is such a glorious time for families, and it truly is a new beginning for everyone – parents included.
I’ve spoken about this before on the blog, but we even have a Family Contract that we sign during the first week of school. Be sure to check it out! It’s a great way to get the kids to open up about what they wish the family was doing more of.
Do you have any first day of school wishes you’d like to share? I would love to hear them!
- 11 Wishes For My Son On His 11th Birthday
- 10 Wishes For My Daughter: Adventures I Hope She Experiences
- 13 Wishes For My Daughter On Her 13th Birthday