When you are craving cherry pie but don’t want to go through all the trouble of making one from scratch, this cherry pie cookie cups recipe will do the trick! It is such an easy recipe that requires very few ingredients and time.
If you like the flavor of sugar cookies and mini cherry pies, this dessert will be right up your alley.
- 1 package of sugar cookie dough
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
How To Make Cherry Sugar Cookie Cups
Split cookie dough into 12 pieces and press down into a muffin tin that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake cookies according to package directions or until golden brown.
Take the tray out and use the back of a teaspoon to create a small indentation in the center of each cookie. As a note, your cherry pie cookies will rise during baking. You will need to flatten out the centers before filling. Let cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sugar and milk. Set aside.
When cookies are completely cooled, top with cherry filling and drizzle with icing. Place in refrigerator to set.
Tips And Variations:
- Consider adding almond extract or vanilla extract to your cherry pie filling and heating it up before filling each muffin tin cup. This will add more flavor.
- You could turn this recipe into mini cherry cheesecake cookie cups by incorporating a layer of cream cheese.
- If you don’t have a cooling rack, that’s ok. Just make sure your sugar cookie crust is completely cooked before you fill.
- Consider making this quick dessert for baby showers, bridal showers, or a Sunday brunch.
- If you don’t want to use cherry, feel feel to swap with apple pie filling, blueberry pie filling, or pineapple.
- You could also change out the cookie base and incorporate chocolate chip cookies instead! It’s up to you. The baking process will be the same.
This delicious treat is one of my favorite low-maintenance recipes to make. I know exactly what to do whenever I have a cherry pie craving. What an easy way, as a cherry lover to get my fix.