Are you looking for things to do with your best friend? Me tooooo! I have a feeling that 2019 is going to be a great year. Yes, I said it. I know 2018 was rough on a lot of people, but I truly believe that what you put out into the universe is what you receive.
So, hear me loud and clear! I want kindness and laughter and joy. In order to receive those things, I need to give those things back and what better way to do that than to spend some time with my best friend.
My best friend, Audrey McClelland, is such a great sport! But you know what? We are two very different peas in our pod.
So, I think this year, I want to push our limits and try to get the two of us to try different things. Here is a list of ideas that I would like to hit in our personal relationship. Perhaps it will inspire you to do the same with your favorite pal.
50 Things To Do With Your Best Friend This Year
Why is it important for you to spend time with your girlfriends? Well, for me personally, I need it for sanity purposes. I need it because time with my friends acts as a reset for my mental state. Women helping women – that’s a real thing.
Friendships are truly good for the soul and if I isolate myself too much because I am too busy with work, then I end up feeling like I am missing a piece of myself and a bit empty. If we are all a full pie, friendships deserve an entire slice. Don’t you agree?
Try not to neglect this part of your life. Your girlfriends are like a lifeline. Being with them – even if it’s once a month – will make a real difference. Set up quarterly meetups. Or if that is too hard, then what about an annual trip?
Don’t make these girlfriend get-togethers stressful! But make them happen!!
Ok, here is my list of 50 Things To Do With Your BFF
- Join a book club.
- Take a weekend getaway together.
- Grab afternoon tea.
- Have a sleepover party and wear matching pajamas.
- Write an eBook.
- Stalk people on social media together.
- Do each other’s nails / hair.
- Spend an entire day watching our favorite movies – switching off titles.
- Pick a random city and play tourist.
- Take a cooking class together.
- See a Broadway show.
- Face a fear together.
- Volunteer together.
- Take an acting class.
- Spa weekend!
- Gather all the kids and head to a local hotel. Let them use the pool and just relax in the sun.
- Grab our husbands and have a date night.
- Go to a concert.
- Make a photo album of all your favorite moments.
- Get matching tattoos.
- Ok, that might be a bit too much. How about — get matching jewelry?
- Do something that scares you.
- Set a big goal and then go after it.
- Find out when the free days are for your local museums – visit them!
- Learn how to knit and make a blanket together.
- Volunteer together. (PERSONAL NOTE – I think this is one of the most important things to do together.)
- Get dressed up and do something special. Black tie special!
- Have a picnic.
- Make a friendship bracelet. Remember those?
- Put on a yard sale and get rid of all the THINGS.
- Better yet, open up a joint eBay account and split the profits.
- Don’t have the energy for all of that? How about just going to a yard sale and seeing what other people are selling?
- Start a brunch club. Grab a few girlfriends and make it a thing.
- Try a new workout. (Not for me… but maybe it’s for you! LOL)
- Start a YouTube channel.
- Better yet, how about a podcast, too?!
- Make a list of all the places you want to visit together and then start with the closest one. Book something!
- Have a craft day.
- Take a road trip without an end destination. (Yahoo – I love this one!)
- Go to a bookstore.
- Spend an afternoon at a coffee shop and just people watch. (This is one of my favorite things to do)
- When was the last time you guys played a board game? Whip one out!
- Open up Pinterest and make something together.
- Dream Big… no bigger.
- Find a karaoke night and sing your heart out! (Hopefully, you guys are terrible singers because that will make the night epic)
- Write a poem about each other.
- Work on building a business from the ground up.
- Hit the bowling alley
- Look back at old photos on Facebook and Instagram – from when you two first met.
- Tell each other why you mean so much to one another.
That’s it! What did you think of this list? If you have anything to add, be sure to pop them in the comments below. This post falls in line with my goals for 2019. I truly hope to get through so many items on this list.
I know I probably won’t get through ALL of the 50 things to do with your best friend… but I will certainly try! LOL
- 50 Things I Love About Being A Mom
- I Need A Break Because I’m Losing It
- How Squishy’s Mom From Monsters University Taught Me To Love Myself Again
- Happy Birthday To My Best Friend
Are you on Pinterest? Here is an easy image for you to share –>