A Day Of Yes: Ten Things You Can Give Yourself To Make Your Day Better
I always say no to things because I don’t think they can fit into my schedule or because I feel like I’ll be too tired after a full day of work and the kids. That’s just not a way to live! We only have one go around and we shouldn’t waste it copping out. Today, I want to encourage you to change things up a bit – to challenge yourself even! Stretch your borders and get out of your box. Say yes. I don’t know what’s coming down the pipeline for you, but it smells like an adventure if you ask me.
Here are some great examples of things that you should reconsider for a day of YES:
- Impromptu lunch date with your significant other
- Movie date with your girlfriend – when was the last time you did that?
- A new gym class or a run outside
- A great sale
- A moment to mediate
- Ordering in dinner instead of cooking
- Indulging in some dessert (why is everything I’m writing about revolving around food – do you see where my head is?)
- Creating several bags for donation – getting the family involved! Make everyone fill one bag each (at least)
- New responsibilities at work
- Anything you WANT!
Imagine how different your life would be if you said yes for two weeks straight – anything that came your way. That would really pull you out of your routine and shift your gears full speed ahead. I love being comfortable. Don’t get me wrong. But things don’t grow unless change occurs.
What do you plan on saying “yes” to today?