Red, white and I’m hungry!
Oreo truffles are SUPER easy to make. You can actually put them together a million different ways with just a few ingredients. I know that math doesn’t sound right, but it’s true. Whatever holiday is coming up, think about the color theme and go wild! Instant success. Your guests’ minds will be BLOWN. They will fall off their chairs. They will beg you to be their friend for LIFE. Ok, it’s not that serious… but they are freaking delicious and simple and everyone will want the recipe once you tell them how much fun you had rolling them onto the tray.
This recipe will make 2 dozen cherry- stuffed Oreo truffles.
Cherry-Stuffed Oreos: Patriotic Recipe
- 1 (14.3 oz) package regular Oreos
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton white candy melts
- 1 Tablespoon solid shortening
- Patriotic sprinkles or jimmies
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Place Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely crushed.
3. Transfer the finely crushed Oreo crumbs to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the softened cream cheese and mix well until completely blended (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Roll the Oreo mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet.
6. Next, flatten each ball like a pancake. I used the bottom of a drinking glass.
7. Place a maraschino cherry in the middle of each flattened Oreo ball.
8. Completely cover each cherry by bringing up the sides of the Oreo mixture and rolling it into a ball again with your hands. Place back on cookie sheet.
9. Chill Oreo truffles for at least 30 minutes.
10. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the shortening for 45 seconds. Add the white chocolate melts and stir until completely melted. You may have to microwave for additional 12 second intervals until the chocolate melts. Stir after each interval.
11. Using a toothpick, dip a chilled Oreo truffle into the melted white chocolate. Immediately, place it back on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with red, white and blue sprinkles or jimmies. (Because the truffles are chilled, the chocolate hardens very quickly). Repeat until all truffles are covered and decorated.
12. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks and ENJOY!!