PUMPKIN SPICE RICE KRISPIE TREATS — Fall treats for kids! So much fun!!
Yields: 12-15 treats (using a 9×9 inch pan)
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cool Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Nonstick Cooking spray
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon group nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 oz. white chocolate
1. Choose your desired size baking pan (I used a 9×9, but for thinner treats use 11×7 or 13×9) and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in pumpkin puree and cook until warmed through. Fold in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves,and salt.
3. Let marshmallow mixture cool at room temperature for 20 minutes (cooling helps avoid soggy treats). Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until combined.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spread out evenly and gently press down with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate to set for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.