Here’s another really fun and simple recipe you can make with the kids for Valentine’s Day. Rice Krispie treats shaped like hearts — how simple and fun!! Full instructions are below.
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats: Heart Treats For Kids
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE KRISPIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows (I used mini)
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
Directions For Heart Shaped Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats
Spray a 9×13 pan with Pam and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal and salt until well-coated. Using a rubber spatula (sprayed with Pam), transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely before the assembly process.
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Prepared 9 x 13 pan of a Rice Krispies
- 2 T solid shortening
- 1 cup white Wilton chocolate melts
- Food gel in red, blue, green and yellow
- Wilton red decorating gel
- Heart cookie cutter
- 4 small bowls
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside. With a medium heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 heart shapes from the pan of cooled Rice Krispies.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the shortening for 45 seconds or until melted. Add the white chocolate melts and stir until completely melted. Depending on your microwave, you may have to microwave an additional 8 seconds and stir to get the white chocolate melted.
Evenly distribute the melted white chocolate into the 4 small bowls. Add one drop of food gel into each bowl to ensure a pastel color.
Dip the Rice Krispies hearts into each of the bowls and cover completely with the colored chocolate. Set the hearts on the baking sheet to dry for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Using the Wilton red decorating gel, write cute sayings on each heart. ENJOY!
- Valentine Rice Krispie Treats – Cupid’s Heart Recipe
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- Wine Infused Strawberries: How To
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats Bunny Bars
- The Little Mermaid Movie Treats – Mermaid Tails