You know my husband loves this recipe for Pumpkin Cider Bread. When there’s actual hard cider involved… he is ALL IN! I’m usually afraid of making bread, but this one is manageable and pretty timely with the season. Perhaps you can make this for your Thanksgiving crowd??
- 3 ½ Cups Self-Rising Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1 ½ teas. Cinnamon
- 1 teas. Ground Ginger
- 12 oz. Bottle Hard Cider, you favorite brand will do
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the Flour, Sugar and Pumpkin. It will be a thick doughy consistency.
- Add the cider and gently mix until the batter/dough looks like a thick oatmeal.
- Add to the loaf pan and bake at 375˚ until a dark brown crust forms, about 1 hour.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with butter or softened cream cheese.