I love German Potato salad. It’s my absolute favorite BBQ side dish. I look forward to the summer simply just to have an excuse to chow down on this wonder multiple times a week. Do you want to know how to make it on your own? No problem!! Here’s a great recipe for German Potato Salad that everyone will love.
German Style Potato Salad
- 2 ½ lbs. Red Potatoes, scrubbed, ½ cube
- ½ lbs. Bacon
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teas. Dill
- 1 teas. Celery Seed
- ½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teas. Sugar
- 1 teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Black Pepper
- Cook Bacon until crispy and chop into ¼ inch pieces. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of rendered fat.
- In a large pot place potatoes and just enough water to cover. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer until just tender. 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- In the pot you used to cook the potatoes, add 2 Tbsp. of bacon fat over medium heat add onion and cook until just softened. Add the Garlic, Dill, Celery Seed, Salt and Pepper cook 1 minute then turn off heat. Add the Vinegar, Oil and Sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the Potatoes and ¾ of the Bacon pieces back to the pot toss to coat.
- Adjust Vinegar, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with remaining Bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.
To see what Audrey cooked up for this week’s ‘Getting Gorgeous in the Kitchen’, click here.