It’s all about snow games your kids can play this winter, right? It is snowing hard right now and my kids are playing in our backyard having a ton of fun.
They are snow games pros! They each have their own list of ideas about what to do when the temperature gets cold.
If your kids are looking for a little inspiration, here’s 20 snow games just perfect for the winter. Most of these snow games are colder versions of backyard favorites.
They will get the hang of it once you show them the complete list!
20 Snow Games Your Kids Can Play This Winter
- Make snow angels
- Go tubing
- Create a snow maze
- Snow graffiti – bring food coloring and have some fun with water bottles
- Build a snowman
- Freeze tag (get it)
- Use your muffin tins and make snow molds
- Snowman fashion show – bring clothes out and design your best look
- Pin the carrot on the snowman
- Snow relay races (harder than you think)
- Build an igloo
- Tug of war – losers fall in the snow
- Have a snowball fight
- Blow bubbles and see if they freeze
- Snowball throwing contest
- Tackle Football
- Try to only step in one another’s footsteps. Follow the leader
- Help a neighbor out and shovel their driveway (not a game but it’s really nice)
- Play snow hopscotch
What activities can you do in the snow?
We always love to make snowmen and igloos. I feel like those two options are always the first and second things we do once it becomes a winter wonderland. However, adding new snow game options is always welcome.
How do you play with snow inside?
Although I brought you plenty of options for outdoor play, you can bring some snow inside using plastic containers and continue to have fun with snow but from the comfort of your home.
Consider using coloring dye and shaping tools until everything melts. You could also add glitter! Just remember that you are on a timeline.
What is snow paint?
Have you heard of snow paint? Fill a squeeze bottle with food coloring and some water and use it to paint all over fresh piles of snow. So easy!
Do you have any snow games you’d like to add? Would love to hear!
Pin This For Snow Games: