Quality one-on-one time with individual children is key to making each little feel special – especially as they grow older. Here’s a list of 40 things to do with your teenage daughter in case you are looking for fun ways to reconnect with your special girl.
How do you spend quality time with your teenage daughter?
I love spending time with my children and now that Natalie isn’t a baby anymore, there are so many more things we can do together during our personal bonding time. With three kids, I make sure to take each out on their own and so something unique and private – just for the two of us. They all look forward to their outing and honestly, so do I!
During those times away from home, I get to talk to them without any interruption. It’s just calmer! If you have multiple children – I think you understand what I mean. At home, it can get a bit chaotic. But when I head out with my teenage girl, we just relax like old friends. It’s just the best!!
40 Things To Do With Your Teenage Daughter
So, if you are looking for things to do with your teenage daughter, I wanted to offer up plenty of suggestions! This list includes a variety of free and paid options – something for everyone.
- Go for a hike
- Head to the movies
- Get a mani / pedicure
- A day trip to the mall
- Volunteer together
- Go for a long drive
- Attend a concert
- Go to a book store and find a book to read together
- Window shopping in the city
- Get your hair done
- Take a yoga class
- Dine out together
- Hang out with her friends and their moms
- Take a cooking class together
- Go for a bike ride
- Plan a trip together
- Head to a coffee shop for a few hours
- Dealer’s choice – have your daughter pick anything she wants
- Go for a walk
- Go somewhere quiet and create a bucket list for the family
- Go and visit grandma
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Go to the library
- Go on a photography walk
- Have a picnic
- Head to the park
- Have a karaoke night
- Enroll in a painting class
- Go out for ice cream sundaes
- Head to the spa for a facial
- Take a dance class
- Go to a flea market
- Work on your family garden
- Go to a museum
- Take a self defense class
- Watch the sunset together
- Watch the sunrise together
- Teach them to coupon while grocery shopping
- Have a mother-daughter photo shoot
- Go to your nearest city and have a fun night out
What should I do for my mother daughter day?
After reading this list, what will you do for your mother daughter day? There are so many options – it’s almost endless! The most important thing to remember is quality time will look different for every family. Just think about what is special to your little girl and do THAT.
Some children do not like getting their nails done. My daughter HATES getting pedicures. So, I would NEVER think to make my nail appointments with her because it would feel like a chore more than anything else. She is artistic and crafty. So, a great thing to do with my teenage girl would be a pottery class or a photography walk. That’s much more up her alley.
Customize the plan and mark it on your calendar. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- 13 Wishes For My Daughter On Her 13th Birthday
- To The Man Who Told My Daughter To Keep Singing
- 10 Wishes For My Daughter: Adventures I Hope She Experiences
- 40 Family Bonding Activities- Why It’s Important For Families
- A Letter To My Daughter On Her Birthday
- 8 Things You Should Stop Saying To Your Teenager