This post is sponsored by Disney.
Leave it to Disney to take one of my favorite films (once again) and reimagine the story to something that is absolutely magical and full of inspiration! Did you have a chance to see Pete’s Dragon while it was in theaters? Well, if not, great news!!
Pete’s Dragon is available on Blu-ray™, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere TODAY – November 29th! So amazing!!! There’s even a bonus offer — Get the book “Elliot Gets Lost” as seen in the film for $9.99 with purchase.
In case you haven’t heard the official synopsis, here you go:
“Pete’s Dragon” stars Bryce Dallas Howard (“Jurassic World”) as Grace, a forest ranger in the Pacific Northwest who happens upon 10-year-old Pete, played by Oakes Fegley (“This is Where I Leave You”). Oona Laurence (“Southpaw”) is Natalie, the 11-year-old daughter of Jack, a lumber-mill owner played by Wes Bentley (“The Hunger Games”). Karl Urban (“Star Trek”) is Jack’s bumbling brother Gavin and Oscar®-winner Robert Redford (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) portrays Mr. Meacham, an old wood carver who delights the local children with tales of a fierce dragon.
I want them to be best friends who fiercely defend one another.
I want them to trust each other to no end.
I want them to remember that as long as they have one another, anything is possible.
I want them to enjoy childhood and their imaginations.
I want them to run wild.
I want them to have dreamy, adventure-filled afternoons and maybe, just maybe…
I want to pretend to be a part of the fun once again.
This is why I enjoy taking my children to films like these. They make me remember.
I remember the magic. The dream. My hope-filled insides that adulthood has riddled with cracks. While watching Pete’s Dragon, for just a few hours, I remembered what it felt like to be innocent again.
And while I am someone who LOVES to go to the theatre to watch a great film, there is something SUPER special about spending an evening at home and clocking in a family movie night. Where else can you snuggle up with your kids and comment on your favorite moments? Sometimes we even pause scenes so we can chat about what we are watching. Caleb loved every time Elliot showed his face. Liam enjoyed watching Pete living wild in the forest and Natalie adored Grace. I don’t blame her; I adore Bryce too.
Pete’s Dragon is going to be everyone’s holiday favorite movie because the characters are so relatable and the story truly sits well with your soul. At one point, all five of us were crying and grabbing for tissues. Once we heard all the sniffling, we all burst into laughter. Disney sure knows how to pull at your heart strings, right?!
When purchasing Pete’s Dragon on BLU-RAY and Digital HD, you get a few bonus features. Here’s a sample:
- Notes to Self: A Director’s Diary – Director David Lowery narrates the personal diary he kept through the filming of “Pete’s Dragon” in this intimate and fascinating look at the movie’s making.
- Making Magic – Discover fun facts about what went into designing this spectacular, lovable dragon.
- “Disappearing” Moments – The director shares a montage of the film’s “lost” scenes.
- Welcome to New Zealand – Experience the wonders of New Zealand and learn why it’s a magical place to visit … and to make a movie.
- Audio Commentary – Gain an insider perspective from director David Lowery, co-writer Toby Halbrooks and actors Oakes Fegley and Oona Laurence.
- Music Videos
- “Nobody Knows” by The Lumineers
- “Something Wild” by Lindsey Stirling featuring Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
So, what are you waiting for?! Remember, the release takes place on November 29th!