GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
I told you I am on a health kick, right?! I wasn’t kidding!! I’ve been on a hunt for healthy snacks and breakfast options. That’s where I’m starting. I know there are so many different areas I have to focus on… but I’m starting at the very beginning of my day.
My kids need to eat more greens and SO DO I. So, I did a little research and found out that there’s so many different ways to get it all in. Like this fab green smoothie! This recipe makes ONE drink. If you are looking to feed a larger family, you need to double (or triple) the ingredients count.
Green Detox Smoothie Recipe
Yields: 1 large smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen sliced very ripe banana (previously peeled & sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk (may substitute with any milk of your choice)
- 1 and 1⁄4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt if you prefer)
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Blend frozen banana slices and milk together until thick and smooth. Scrape down sides of blender as needed.
2. Add the pineapple, peach and yogurt and blend until combined. Add the spinach and lime juice and blend until smooth.
Notes: The flavor of this smoothie is very fruity – you cannot taste the spinach. This recipe is gluten free. Feel like adding a little protein powder? Go for it!