Encouraging words for children do so much for their self esteem and their ability to bond and relate with the outside world. As a parent, your ability to build up confidence and boost their positive personal perception is one of your greatest gifts.
When looking for positive things to say to kids, you really don’t need to overthink it. Children need three main feelings in their lives. They need to feel loved. They need to feel safe. They need to feel happy. Supplying an environment that fosters the development of those traits is the best we can do.
What to say to encourage a child?
Every child is different. This will be true no matter what we are discussing. So, what can you say to encourage a child? I suppose it depends on the child. Right? My children need to feel WARM and LOVED. They need to feel like I believe in them at all times. They need to understand that every failure is still a win. But that’s just here.
Some children don’t need that much massaging. Some children only like to be rewarded when they feel like they deserve it. It’s a fine line when it comes to encouragement and reward.
If you keep telling a child, “GREAT JOB” when they can’t figure something out… it might discourage them from continuing IF they are they type of child that doesn’t want to hear GREAT JOB during a time of distress. Know your audience.
But like I said, most children need positive affirmations and encouraging words. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever met one that didn’t. It’s more about the tone. “YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR” might not go over as well as something like “I AM PROUD OF HOW HARD YOU ARE TRYING”. Again, know your audience.
35 Encouraging Words For Children – Positive Things To Say To Kids
Here is a list of a wide variety of thought starters for you to consider when it comes to positive things to say to kids. Consider what situation you are in and go from there:
- You are a superstar!
- I am so proud of what you are doing.
- You did a great job today. We could really see the effort you put into that project.
- You make me smile every single day. Thank you for being my sunshine!
- What an excellent question. I love the way you think.
- You are stronger than you think! Believe in yourself.
- You are braver than you think. Trust in yourself the way we trust in you.
- I love the way you did that!
- Wow! I can tell that you’ve been practicing!!
- All that hard work is really paying off. What a job well done.
- Did you ever think you could do such an amazing thing? I knew you could!
- I know that you did your best. You might not be happy with the results, but I am. You did a tremendous job and I need you to see that.
- Oh my goodness! Look at all of the improvement!
- You are such an incredible listener. Thank you for giving me your time today.
- You always have such a great attitude.
- I absolutely love being your parent. I need you to know that every single day.
- You are so smart. Do you know that? You should be so proud of yourself.
- I love you. You are make me whole.
- I am so very grateful to have you in my life.
- Did you know that our family is so special because you are a part of it?
- You have such a great group of friends, but you are also a great person. You are a good friend right back to them. You are all lucky to have one another.
- Your jokes are so funny! You always make me laugh.
- Try one more time. I am sure you will get it this time.
- You are such a creative thinker.
- I love how you were able to tell me exactly what you were thinking and how you were feeling.
- What a spectacular job!
- You are such a great reader.
- You are always so kind to your friends.
- Thank you for being so helpful.
- Thank goodness for you.
- Take a deep breath and try again. I believe in you.
- You can do it.
- Take your time and start again. I believe you can figure this out.
- There’s no need to rush. I see you are struggling. We have all day. I am here for you.
- Every single day… you amaze me. Look at you go!
Daily Encouraging Words For Children
Sometimes parents reserve positive words for kids for specifically hard occasions of the day. But I think children should wake up and go to sleep hearing these ideas from the people that love them. They are sponges. Plain and simple. Feed them joy as often as you can.
How do you encourage children positively?
Notes of encouragement for kids are simple to produce, easy to receive and a must when it comes to family interaction. What will you say to your child today to fill their heart with joy?
- How To Show Kindness – 40 Simple Ways To Show Kindness To Others
- Positivity Is Contagious – 25 Ways To Start Spreading Positivity
- 50 Things I Love About Being A Mom
- 10 Mindful Exercises You Can Do From Home