The older I get, the more I realize that everyone – in their own little way – is a little bit broken. I think that being broken is what makes us human. Our experiences – good or bad – define us. They mold us. They shape our souls and form the cracks that eventually heal and become our smiles, our cries, our laughs.
Do you see me? I mean – the real me? The one that is hiding behind my thick wall? The woman that I’ve been protecting for 20 years? Do you see her? Do you even know that she exists?
I think you do.
Because deep down inside, you are hiding a girl of your own. You are shielding someone that you love dearly. A different version of yourself – one that couldn’t handle all that life gave her. So, you showed up to take over.
It’s exhausting, isn’t it? This game we play. The game of words. The game of masks. The game of time.
The older I get, the more I realize that it doesn’t have to be this way. It’s this way because I am holding onto things that need to be released.
Breathe in – and release – and breathe in – and release.
I’ve made 8 promises to myself that I hope I can keep. I’m writing them down as a way to ensure that I do. I’m not sure if they will work with your personal situation, but if they do, I hope you will use them so that we can become free together.
8 Promises You Can Make To Yourself Today
- I promise to forgive myself for any wrongs I have made in the past.
- I promise to forgive anybody that has hurt me. I will not hold onto that anger any longer. It will not be my own.
- I promise to give myself more time to do absolutely nothing. I don’t need to continuously accomplish things. I just need to BE.
- I promise to be enough. I promise to see myself as someone that is whole.
- I promise to look my family and friends in the eyes more. These are the moments that truly matter.
- I promise to continue to grow in ways that I enjoy.
- I promise to look myself in the mirror and tell myself that I am worth it/ that I am beautiful / that I am going to accomplish great things / that I AM a great thing.
- I promise to never stop believing in myself.
What promises will you make to yourself today?