Are you looking for an Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe? I LOVE beef stew so MUCHHHHHHH. We eat beef stew all the time and actually use my mother in law’s recipe because it is the best one in town. I will definitely write that one up for you showing you exactly how we cook it on the stove, but TODAY it’s all about the INSTANT POT.
Where are my Instant Pot LOVERS??? Oh wait – you’re right here because you’re reading this recipe. 🙂 We love to save time and energy with this all-in-one apparatus, right? You will brown your meat right in the pot and stew everything in the same place.
Now that we have a game plan in place, let’s get those Instant Pots out and get this party started.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cubed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 C flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 3-4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups of small baby carrots cut in half
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leafs
- 5 C of beef broth
- 1 C water
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Directions for Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Chop all your vegetables and meat and set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and meat.
- Shake to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode.
- Add olive oil and meat. Brown on all sides.
- Remove meat from the Instant Pot and add onions, and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the vinaigrette and tomato paste until hot enough to deglaze the pot.
- Add beef into the Instant Pot with the potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, bay leafs, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Add in enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Cover the lid and set the vent to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot manually on to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once time is up, allow Instant Pot to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.