This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan recipe is going to knock your socks off! It is ok so good and has all the same textures and tastes that you are used to from the original. As long as you are cooking with fresh ingredients, you cannot go wrong! I have to be honest with you – I don’t go gluten free all the time, but I am trying more and more these days. It’s all about listening to my body. And living with Hashimoto’s disease isn’t easy!! Change has to be slow… but I’m trying. One small chicken cutlet at a time.
If you’d like to make this Gluten Free Quinoa Chicken Parmesan recipe for your family, check out the recipe below. It will seem very familiar to you. You will just need to swap out a few ingredients. Nothing too crazy! You can serve this with some steamed broccoli (or burnt broccoli – my husband’s favorite), broiled Brussels sprouts, a nice salad, or a cup of gluten-free pasta. Barilla has a great one.
Gluten Free Quinoa Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe – Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut horizontally in half
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper to taste
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe – Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add 1 ½ cups of chicken stock or water. Cook rinsed quinoa according to directions on packaging. Stir in garlic powder, dried basil and dried parsley.
- Season chicken halves with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a wide bowl.
- In a shallow flat dish (glass pie pans work well for this), add gluten free flour. In another shallow flat dish, add the quinoa mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip into bowl of eggs, and then dredge in quinoa. Use clean hands to flatten the quinoa to the chicken it so the surface is completely covered and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process with all pieces of chicken.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake chicken for 20-25 minutes or until quinoa has turned a golden color. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Spoon on marinara sauce and place back into the oven for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.
What do you think about this Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe? Something you’d like to try?
Want more gluten-free recipes?
Notes: The quinoa coating is surprisingly crisp. You can substitute all-purpose GF flour with corn flour if that’s what you have on hand. Serve with a salad, roasted veggies and/or pasta with marinara sauce.