I’m trying to use my crockpot more because 5PM creeps up on me pretty quickly! I rather have dinner ready by the time the kids tell me they are hungry – not just start it!! Take a look at this Crockpot Taco And Rice Recipe and let me know what you think. I know there are a lot of ingredients in this one, but they are all easy to find and most you can buy ahead of time and store in your pantry or freezer.
Crockpot Taco and Rice
Crockpot Taco And Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ can whole kernel corn
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- ½ red bell pepper – diced
- ½ green bell pepper – diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled cojita or queso fresca cheese for sprinkling
- Taco shells
Crockpot Taco And Rice Recipe Directions
- Combine rice, water, and vegetable stock in a large crockpot. Cook on high 1 hour.
- Add in enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro, cheddar, and then cook an additional 1.5-2 hours on high.
- Serve on taco shells with cojita cheese and pico de gallo or in large bowls with your favorite toppings.
How often do you use your crockpot?