Mix-n-Match Snakes Craft: Popsicle Sticks Craft
We are finally all done with the snow and now it’s time to start thinking about spring and summer projects. I always like to think of animal or nature inspired crafts and this mix-n-match snake arts project is just perfect! You need a few items to get started – all of which can be found at your local craft store.
Allow the kids to get creative with their designs and have a ssssssuper time!
- Colored Craft Sticks
- Velcro Dots
- Colored Markers
- Red Felt
- Glitter Glue
- Googly Eyes
- Buttons (optional)
1. Arrange 4 or 5 craft sticks in the order you want them to be for your snake body.
2. Take Velcro dots and stick them to the sticks on each end, either the top or the bottom depending on how you ordered your sticks.
3. For the snake’s head, cut one stick into thirds. Lay the end pieces side by side, and glue the middle third to the back of them so they are secured together.
4. Using the red felt, cut a small rectangle about 2”x ½”. Then cut a small “V” shape out of one end of the rectangle. Glue this to the back of the snake’s head.
5. Now decorate all your sticks with the markers, glitter glue, and buttons.
6. Let dry for about an hour.
7. Make all different colors and styles of sticks and interchange them.
8. Have fun!