SNOWMAN OREO TRUFFLE RECIPE
Ok, you need a tiny bit of patience to make these Snowman Oreo Truffles… but look at how GREAT they look once it’s all done. I mean, total MAGIC! Winter magic, right? Your kids will FLIP OUT if they came home from school and found these waiting for them in the kitchen. Better yet, save these Snowman Oreo Truffles for a snowy day and make this recipe with your children.
Snowman Oreo Truffle Recipe
Yields: 30-35 servings
Time: 1 Hour
- 1 15.25 oz. package of Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- Mini Oreo Bite Size Cookies
- 16 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- Candy Corn
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Blue Gel Icing
1. Process the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
4. To make candy corn look like a carrot: cut off the yellow and white sections. Roll orange candy between two fingers, and pinch end to form a tip.
5. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet.
6. Dip the backs of mini Oreo cookies in the excess white chocolate and place on the top of each truffle for the snowman’s hat. Use the blue gel icing to dot two eyes. Dip mini chocolate chips in white chocolate and add to each truffle to create a smile on the snowman.
7. Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.