Mummy Haystacks Recipe: Halloween Treats For Kids
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 package Butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 1 bag lo mein noodles
- White candy melts
- Candy eyes
- parchment paper
- Pour the bag of butterscotch chips into a microwave safe bowl. Add the peanut butter and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the marshmallow cream and stir well. Microwave for 30 seconds more if needed to get it to a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, pour in the bag of lo mein noodles.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture on top and stir coating all of the lo mein noodles.
- Tear a piece of parchment paper and line the counter. Parchment paper is important because it will keep anything from sticking.
- Drop spoonfuls of the haystack mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Working quickly, add two candy eyes to each stack.
- This is the hardest step! Allow to sit and harden.
- Once the haystacks have set, melt the white candy melts. Pour into a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Make several zig zag motions creating the mummy look.
- Allow to sit until candy coating has set.