Bisquick Dumplings Pressure Cooker Recipe: Chicken And Dumplings
This Bisquick dumplings pressure cooker recipe is a great one to keep in your back pocket. Chicken And Dumplings is a hearty recipe that your entire family will enjoy.
We had Pressure Cooker XL Chicken and Dumplings and they were fantastic. I cooked my first real meal yesterday but I needed a little help. Everyone chipped in because we were all in the mood for some Bisquick Dumplings and I am so happy that we pulled together to make them while I was on bed rest because they were such a treat. This pressure cooker recipe is a real treat and a true show stopper. You need to check it out.
The full recipe for Bisquick Dumplins is below. ONE MISTAKE I HAVE TO NOTE: I used bone-in chicken. HORRIBLE mistake. It all separated and I had to pull the bones out before I served to the family. Learn from my mistake. Do not use bone-in chicken. I repeat! DO NOT USE BONE-IN CHICKEN. I am technically on bedrest and barely have my life in order. I can sit up for about 20 minutes a day and I didn’t use it to think about what type of chicken to put in my pressure cooker. UGH. (Again sorry)
Pressure Cooker Recipe: Pressure Cooker XL Chicken and Dumplings
All in – the entire meal took about 25 minutes to make. Not sure what it would take you if you didn’t use a pressure cooker. And it was DELICIOUS. I mean – out of control delicious!
Pressure Cooker Recipe: Chicken And Dumplings
Chicken And Dumplings Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (I made the mistake of leaving it on the bone – NOT a smart move)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 5 ribs of celery chopped
- 1.5 cups of baby carrots chopped (more if you like them)
- 1.5 cups of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 1 3/4 Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 2/3 cups of milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
Pressure Cooker XL Chicken And Dumplings Directions
- Place your pressure cooker on HIGH or BROWN and heat up the butter. Season your chicken (poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and oregano (or thyme if you have it) ) and brown.
- Add in the onion, celery, carrots, chicken stock and a pinch of salt, pepper. Lock your pressure cooker and cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- MAKE YOUR Dumplings Mix: Whisk together Bisquick, milk, and parmesan cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. (We also added a little oregano in there – optional).
- Perform a quick release. Let all the steam out. Take off top.
- Set the pressure cooker back to high. Add in your corn and let simmer. Leave the lid off.
- Grab a spoon and drop in your dumplings into the bubbling pressure cooker until entire batter is in pot. Let dumplings simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remember to keep the lid off.
- Turn off the heat. When you are ready to serve, stir in your cream. Add some more salt and pepper (to taste) and ENJOY!
I couldn’t get a good shot of the meal. Have to be honest – it’s not the prettiest dish. BUT IT TASTES SO GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD. So, forgive the photography and enjoy the flavor.