If you are wondering how to treat wrinkled hands, I’ve got you covered! This week, I had the chance to interview a specialist about the hottest treatments on the market, and I couldn’t wait to share them with you.
If you are looking for the latest updates on hand rejuvenation – whether there’s a focus on sun damage and sun spots, collagen production, dark spots and liver spots, fat transfer, prominent veins, and overall volume loss – there’s a process for you.
Wrinkled hands might not be something that is on your radar, but for someone else, it is the biggest thing on their mind. Some women grow older, embracing their greys, and losing all desire to hold onto their youthful appearance. Others do everything they can to slow down the again process, and I have good news! Both options are correct. Do you, boo.
How To Treat Wrinkled Hands – 5 Beauty Treatments
Did you know that people are using injectables in their wrinkled hands in an attempt to make them look younger? They are trying to erase the fine lines and bring back some plumpness they’ve lost throughout the years. The backs of the hands are one of the first “tells” of the aging process. If you didn’t worry about sun protection over the years, you might find that your hands’ skin texture no longer resembles your previous youthful skin.
I sat down and chatted with a nurse over at Rafal Dermatology, and she gave me the inside scoop on a few treatments that many of their patients are turning towards. What are most Long Island women doing these days to battle wrinkled hands? Let’s break them down – one at a time.
Microneedling is not just meant for the face. You can do it on your wrinkled hands as well. In fact, Rafal Dermatology suggests it! The needles are inserted into the patient’s skin to stimulate the body’s natural healing capacity and promote younger-looking hands. Nothing unnatural is used as the process encourages the body to stimulate collagen growth on its own.
To learn more about microneedling with PRP, read my full write up.
A chemical peel will work the same way on your face as it will on your hands. So, the next time you book an appointment at the spa, be sure to ask to include some extra time to fit in treatment for your wrinkled hands.
A chemical peel causes old and damaged skin to peel off thereby making way for newer and younger skin to show off. Some chemical peels tighten the skin by stimulating new fresh collagen.
Are sunspots and skin tightening on your list of things to work on this year? Then a laser treatment might be just what the doctor ordered. According to my nurse, “Laser treatments, which would be IPL, intense close light helps with that. We actually also earlobes as well.
We treat a lot of people’s ear lobes. Not just their hands. It’s all about tightening and retraction because as we age our earlobes age as well. They get larger from earrings. So we work on both the hands and the ears with our laser. The Aerolase Laser is something to consider.
Fillers are a popular treatment to manage wrinkled hands because they instantaneously plump up any section they are applied to. This makes complete sense, right? You put filler in your lips and you walk out of the office almost hiding your FACE.
The results cannot be dismissed. Lauren says, “most people need about one to two syringes for their hands” to see any significant results and a “syringe could go anywhere from $675 to $800 per syringe”.
I know what you are thinking – how long does this last?! I’m all about slowing down the hands of time, but $800 a syringe and if I need two a hand…. that’s a whole lotta math right there! The process usually lasts each client a year.
Listen, if your hands are your pain point and you can’t stand to see the sight of them, then I say GO FOR IT. I know plenty of people that are constantly hiding their neck and their hands.
If this could be a solution for them for under $4000 a year – worst case scenario, who am I to judge? I would NEVER! To each his own!! I am all for doing what you want and if this works, then honey, WERK IT! Your wrinkled hands are my rosacea… you know what I am saying!!
This section contains affiliate links.
If these high-priced solutions are not your cup of tea, you could always opt for over the counter solutions like hand creams that promise to plump and fill and are specifically designed for aging hands. This Retinol Anti-Aging Hand Cream is under $20 and a great place to start.
Rafal Dermatology is a pretty busy establishment. I wanted to know, out of all the appointments that are booked, how many focused on wrinkled hands. Apparently, it is a very popular treatment. Dr.Rafal books between one to two treatments per day.
Tips And Suggestions
- If you are worried about the appearance of the hands and premature aging, make sure that delicate skin is protected from the sun at all times. While an anti aging hand treatment will work wonders, it’s best to remain proactive at all times.
- A combination of treatments will typically work best.
- The best treatment for you might not work for your sister. There will be a bit of trial and error during this process. Don’t be afraid to try out a variety of treatment options – from fractional laser session to IPL (intense pulsed light).
- Professional treatments vary in cost. If you are concerned about fees, be sure to check sites like Groupon for discounted skin surface sessions. Using these sites are a great way to save money while still benefiting from the best results.
- Hand wrinkles are natural and normal. Dry hands and dry skin don’t help with the signs of aging. Be sure to keep your thin skin hydrated at all times. It’s also important to exfoliate and rid yourself of dead skin cells. Consider vitamin C, olive oil, and aloe vera.
So, what do you think about signing up for an anti aging hands treatment? Is this something that you’d be interested in looking into? Are wrinkled hands a problem area you worry about? Or are wrinkled hands the least of your worries?
- Venus Silk-Expert Powered By Braun: Noticeable Hair Reduction Results At Home
- Vampire Facial Review – Before And After Video Results
- How To Look Thinner
- How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars: Treatments That Work And At-Home Lotion Options
- The Best Treatment For Damaged Hair – I’ve Tested Them All
- Stride Femme – For That Issue Most Women Don’t Talk About (Bladder Leaks)