White Chocolate Wishbones – what a perfect treat to have ready for your guests this Thanksgiving. Super creative… but easy to do. Right up our alley.
Growing up, I vividly remember fighting my cousins for the wishbone on Thanksgiving day. It just doesn’t happen anymore. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s a bit of a crazy thing to do if you actually stop and THINK about it. Either way, the tradition stopped which means that a new one has to begin. This white chocolate version is the perfect one !! Wishing is optional. 😉
- White Chocolate Wafers/Melts/Bark (Bag of Melts makes about 2 ½ dozen wishbones.)
- Sandwich size baggie
- Parchment paper
- Line Cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take your candy melts and put them in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir, continue to do this until the candy melts are melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate in the inside corner of a sandwich baggie.
- Snip off the corner of baggie. Tiny snip.
- Start the wishbone on the bottom by squeezing a small amount to create an oval shape, without lifting the baggie continue to the left of the oval like you are making a half heart. When you get towards the top of how big you want your wishbone then squeeze a little extra make an oval shape again.
- Lift the baggie off and go back to the bottom oval and make the right side exactly how you made the left.
- To harden, cool in the refrigerator (for about 3-5 minutes).
Enjoy or store in airtight container.
Looking for more Thanksgiving Fun?
Be sure to check out all of our Thanksgiving posts for ideas on what to cook, DIY crafts to make with the kids and more.