Have you voted yet? Are you trying to show your children the importance of voting in this year’s election? Here’s a great afterschool snack that the entire family can enjoy with a MESSAGE!
Go Out And Vote Oreos!
- Candy-cookie mold (Amazon link below recipe)
- 12 regular Oreos
- 1 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Wilton red chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Wilton blue chocolate melts
- White star sprinkles
- White decorator icing tube
- Black decorator icing tube or Black Sparkle icing tube
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate candy for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of melted white chocolate into the bottom of a cookie mold.
3. Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted white chocolate.
4. Spoon additional melted white chocolate on top of the Oreo cookie, up to the top of the mold.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until all the Oreo cookies are coated.
6. Chill for 30 minutes.
7. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
8. Remove the cookie molds from the refrigerator and pop each cookie out and place on the lined baking sheet.
8. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
9. Dip the bottom of each coated cookie into the melted blue chocolate and place back on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
10. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the red candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
11. Dip the top of each Oreo into the melted red chocolate and place back on the baking sheet to “set” for 10 minutes.
12. Dab 3 star sprinkles with a small amount of white icing and place evenly across the red section of an Oreo. Do the same for the blue section (6 stars total).
13. Repeat step 12 on all of the cookies.
14. Using the black decorator icing tube, pipe the word “VOTE” in the white (middle) part of each cookie.