Looking for some fun and easy Football Party Food to make for your next Tailgating Party? These fun Nutter Butter Footballs are super simple and so delicious!
This season, I’ve really been amping up my football gaming at home. I’ve had a few viewing parties, gone tailgating and even had the chance to hit the Jets field during a private blogger event. This is my SEASON!
It makes complete sense that I’m now in dessert mode. I mean – football nutters! How cute (and so easy to make). All you need are a few ingredients. You don’t have to make the icing on your own. You can purchase that PREMADE and in a gel tube.
Ingredients Needed To Create Footballs:
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 12 oz chocolate candy melts
- Wax paper
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Tape down the sides and ends of the wax paper to the cookie sheet.
- Using a double boiler melt the chocolate melts. Stir often until all of the chocolate is melted.
- With a fork, dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. If necessary, use a spoon to spread the chocolate over the entire cookie – both front and back.
- Place the dipped chocolate cookies on the lined cookie sheet. Allow them to dry completely (about 20+ minutes).
Royal Icing Decorating:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. If icing isn’t stiff enough, you’ll want to add 1/4 cup powder sugar until stiff. Spoon the icing into piping bags using a #2 tip.
Following the examples in the picture use the icing to make lines on each end of the cookies. Draw the lines in a curved shape – not just a straight line. In the center of the cookie, draw a short line and then cross this line with three small lines. Allow to dry completely.
What do you think? Something you would do this Football season? If you are planning a Superbowl party – add this to your list!!!