I love a good whoopie pie. There’s something really special about having one as dessert. I’ve actually never tried a Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie before and thought these looked GREAT. They aren’t very hard to make and when they are done the whole family will enjoy the flavors. PERFECT for the holidays! Consider putting out these Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies out for Thanksgiving!! Here’s everything you need:
- 1 Pkg. Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teas. Cinnamon
- 1 teas. Ground Ginger
- 2 Cups finely Grated Carrot
- 2 Pkg. Vanilla Instant Pudding
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 ¼ Cups Cold Milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a large Bowl mix the Cake Mix, 1 Pkg. Vanilla Pudding, Oil, Water, Eggs, Cinnamon and Ginger until well combined.
- Add in the Carrot and mix to combine.
- Spoon out a heaping tablespoon full, about 2 tablespoons total, onto a greased cookie sheet. Should make about 32 rounds.
- Sprinkle the Pecans on half of the rounds, these will be the tops.
- Bake at 350˚ for six minutes, rotate sheets 180˚ and swap levels if you are cooking multiple sheets at a time. Bake an additional 6 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk the Cream Cheese and Milk together until the Cream Cheese is well blended. Whisk the 2nd Pkg. of Vanilla Pudding Mix into the cold Milk.
- Put filling into a piping bag.
- Lay a cake without pecans flat side up and work outward in a spiral to cover it with filling. I put a little extra filling on top in the middle, it will hold up the top so it will not squish all of the filling out.
- Top with a cake with pecans.
- Store in an air tight container in a single layer in the fridge. If not eaten right away they will get sticky. I would store them pecan side down to reduce sticking to the container.