Remember a few months ago, when I posted pictures of Bill and Natalie attending a video shoot for Johnson’s® No More Tangles®? Well, the video is finally LIVE. In it, you will see my daughter getting her hair styled with a side braid. Now… my husband didn’t remind her that she was on camera enough because the girl looks a little too serious at times. LOL — but I still love that they had this experience together.
It was a COMPLETE surprise to me that they attended the shoot. I was away on a press trip and actually turned down the opportunity because I didn’t think my husband could swing it. Well, the good people over at Johnson’s worked with my husband’s schedule and squeezed Natalie in at the last spot of the day. SO VERY HAPPY.
We LOVE No More Tangles products. Natalie’s hair is full and thick and beautiful… but it also easily knots up. Every night, we make sure to comb her hair with a little assistance from the Johnson’s and Johnson’s line and we put pig tails or braids in to lessen the frizz.
If you are looking for a holiday style for your daughter, check out this Seasonal Celebrations Hair Workshop.
Here’s how to create this festive and simple hairstyle:
- First, create a side part
- Create a second part about half an inch away from the first part towards opposite ear
- Secure remaining hair out of the way
- Let the thin-parted section of hair hang down over that secured section
- Begin a French braid by adding hair to the top strand of the braid like you normally would
- Reach over to the thin parted section and grab a small strand of hair. Give it a few twists, and bring it down across the entire Dutch braid, adding it instead into the bottom strand before creating your next Dutch stitch
- Continue this process until you run out of hair to add into the braid
- Once you run out of hair continue a regular braid
The Waterfall Dutch Braid is perfect for holidays, especially Thanksgiving, to help keep your child’s hair neat and make her feel comfortable during a night of food and fun.
For more kid’s hairstyles tips and styles, you can visit the JOHNSON’S® YouTube page.
Learn more about the JOHNSON’S ® NO MORE TANGLES® Detangling Spray on the JOHNSON’S® Baby website.