I have an entire post dedicated to sulfur masks and the benefits of sulfur for acne. As someone who has dealt with acne-prone skin my entire life, this was an important one for me to write.
Sulfur For Acne – Sulfer Masks For Acne Prone Skin
I spent an afternoon at the Hilton Sandestin spa a few weeks ago and had a great conversation with the aesthetician. I learned a few tips and tricks and one of them was how important it is for an individual who suffers from acne to include sulfur mask into their beauty routine.
Sulfur masks draw out impurities and restore clarity to congested complexions by using blends of active botanicals and minerals. While it isn’t suggested that you use them daily, it is highly recommended that you include them in your weekly regimen.
The Power Of Sulfur
I’ve personally tried out a few and wanted to point out the ones that I am particularly fond of. This section contains affiliate links.
Mario Badescu Drying Mask (2.0 oz) – $18 (I bought mine at Nordstrom)
Olay Professional Pro-x Clear Intensive Refining Sulfur Mask – (can be found at any drugstore)
You don’t have to spend a ton of money on your sulfur masks either. The first two are under $20. The latter is a splurge at $45, but still not terribly out of range. And remember – you don’t need to use a lot each time you apply.
How To Use Sulfur For Acne
- Wash your face first and dry before applying
- Use a thin layer and cover your entire face – but be sure to avoid the eye region
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Rinse off with water (no soap)
- Use no more than 3 times a week
Have you tried a sulfur mask before? I really love them.
contains affiliate links
- How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars: Treatments That Work And At-Home Lotion Options
- How To Remove Blackheads From Your Nose
- What Does The Aerolase Laser Treatment Do? Before And After Results
- Teenage Acne Treatments That Work – Clean & Clear