Are you ready for this blueberry lemon donuts recipe? Because I am! It is so good! I have a friend that makes homemade donuts every Thanksgiving. She has a brunch for her friends and we are lucky enough to get an invite and all I think about on the ride over to her house are her famous donuts. They are warm and golden and delicious.
That’s why I decided to a donut recipe with you today! Just in case you wanted to make a batch for your family and friends. There are so many wonderful reasons to throw a party! Mark one on your calendar and get cooking.
This blueberry lemon donuts recipe serves 14.
Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe
Serving size 14
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 7-8 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray your donut pans with a non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set to the side.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the milk, sugar, egg, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add your blueberries and lightly stir to combine. Spoon batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place a piece of foil under the wire rack with the donuts to catch any glaze.
- Pour your glaze from the bowl onto the donuts.
Pin It For Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe
Looking for more amazing dessert recipes?
- Gluten Free S’more Brownie Bar Recipe
- Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
- Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe