Do you have a few Avengers in your life getting excited about the upcoming release of Infinity War? Believe me, we are right there with you! I thought it would be fun to share a dessert recipe you could use during the weekend the movie releases! Think about it – you take the family to see Infinity Wars with all the kids dressed up as their favorite Avengers… and then you come home and treat everyone to one of these Hulk Donuts! Total Score.
Me want Hulk Donuts!
Ok, start prepping for this Avengers recipe right now, because it will take a bit of work. But look at the results! So much fun. Your kids will get a complete kick out of these green and purple treats.
Avengers HULK Donuts Ingredients
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large egg (room temp)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Green & purple food coloring
- 1 container green & purple sprinkles
Vanilla frosting ingredients:
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- green and purple gel food coloring
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 1/2 C green & purple sprinkles (for decorating)
Avengers Hulk Donut Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, sour cream, and eggs into a second bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Add several drops of green food coloring in the first bow. Stir to mix the green color evenly in the batter.
- In the second bowl add several drops of purple food coloring. Stir to mix the purple color evenly in the batter. Spoon equal amounts of the colored batter into the doughnut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes. (or until the doughnuts spring back)
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk together the milk, powder sugar and vanilla extract until smooth
- Spoon about 1/8 C of icing into two bowls and add a few green food coloring into one bowl and purple food coloring into the second bowl
- Mix until both are combined
- Spoon each color into their own piping bags
- Cut the tip off the piping bags
- Drizzle the colors into the white icing about 2 times going vertical and horizontal
- Dip the doughnuts into the icing and turn the doughnut 90 degrees
- Place back onto the wire rack and repeat the previous steps for remaining doughnuts
- Sprinkle on some green and purple sprinkles onto the doughnuts
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!
What do you these about these Hulk donuts? Are you going to give them a try?
Pin This For Avengers Infinity War Party Idea: Hulk Donuts Recipe