DIY Irish Bath Salts: Easy Recipe
My daughter loves to make her own DIY recipes at home. Whether it’s a chocolate cake or a glittery slime-ball, that girl is always testing out ingredient mashups. That’s why I thought it would be fun to show her a more mature option. Bath salts! With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, why not focus on some DIY Irish Bath Salts for the entire family? You could leave a jar in each bathroom or hand them out to guests that are staying over for the weekend. Make a great gift!
DIY Irish Bath Salts
Yields: 2 cups
DIY Irish Bath Salts Ingredients
- 1 cup Epson salt
- 1/2 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 5 drops rose geranium essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 Tablespoons dried rose buds
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender buds
1. Add the Epson salt, coarse salt and baking soda to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Add all of the essential oils and whisk again to distribute the oils.
3. Add the rose and lavender buds and stir well.
4. Transfer to an airtight container and store up to six months.
HOW TO USE
1. Add 1/4 cup of Irish Spring bath salts to your warm/hot bath water.
2. Use your hand to circulate the salts and allow the essential oils to activate with the steam.
3. Sit back and enjoy the uplifting spring aromas of rosemary, lemongrass, rose-geranium and lavender!