I wasn’t planning on posting about this chicken and vegetable couscous recipe. I made it while messing around and trying to use up some leftovers that I had in the fridge. Unfortunately, I don’t have any prep pictures because it was just supposed to be a regular meal. However, it turned out great… so I just had to post!! Please forgive the lack of photography.
Here’s what you need to get started on your chicken and vegetable couscous recipe.
- 1 bag of Harvest Grains Blend from Trader Joe’s (this is one of my favorite products that is sold at the store) If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, then replace with a bag of couscous (16oz) or buy it online here.
- 1 can of corn – drained
- 1 small jar of sundried tomatoes – drained and chopped
- Two bunches of broccolini – I chop up the whole thing except for the very ends
- 2-3 carrots – diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- Italian Seasoning mix
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 box of chicken stock
- Grill your chicken any way you’d like. I always use this tool when making chicken. Set aside.
- In a large pot, saute the carrots, broccolini, onions, and garlic with three tablespoons of olive oil – salt and pepper this layer. When it is almost done, throw in the chopped sundried tomatoes and can of corn. Warm through.
- In a separate pot, use the chicken stock and make the entire bag of the couscous (as directed).
- Once everything is cooked, combine! Add some more salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!