Shopkin Granola Bars
Ok gang. I’m not going to pretend these are going to be super easy like most of my recipes. But look at how CUTE THEY ARE! WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! Girls will literally fall on the floor if they saw this on their plate. And when I say literally – you know I mean figuratively.
Take a deep breath and let’s roll.
Granola Bar Recipes:
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy salted peanut butter
- 1/3 C pumpkin seeds,
- 1/3 C cranberries
- 1/3 C sunflower seeds w/ flax seeds,
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Prepare a 8 X 8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Put dates in a food processor for about 1 minute or until only small bits are left.
- Toss in the oats,pumpkin seeds, cranberries, sunflower seeds and flax in a large bowl.
- On low heat, cream together the honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Pour the combined honey and peanut butter into the dry mixture. Stir well.
- Add the processed dates, thoroughly mixing.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Using your hands press the mixture into the baking dish. Push the bar mixture to fill the corners and level it out throughout the dish.
- Top this off with a variety of colored mini M&M’s.
- Cover with cling wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see the bars are hard.
- Take out of the refrigerator and cut into bars.
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Pink, tan, green, and yellow gel food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Wilton Foodwriter pens in brown and red
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Spoon the icing into a bowl.
- Add several drops of gel food coloring in the large bowl of icing … stir well to mix the color.
- Locate a picture of Melanie Pips on Google. Print the picture in color. Tape this picture with several small Melanie Pips of it on it to a cookie sheet.
- Tape wax paper (covering the copies of Melanie Pips) to the cookie sheet . Follow the color and features as printed on the paper.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with pink royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the Melanie Pips body first.Fill in the image with the pink icing. Allow this to dry for 30-6- seconds. Now outline the base of Melanie Pips in green then filling it in with the same color. Using the brown and red Wilton Foodwriter add the special markings onto Melanie Pips.
- Locate a picture of Brown D’Lish Donut on Google. Print the picture in color. Tape this picture with several small Brown D’Lish Donut of it on it to a cookie sheet.
- Tape wax paper (covering the copies of D’Lish Donut) to the cookie sheet . Follow the color and features as printed on the paper.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with brown royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the body of Brown D’Lish Donut first.Fill in the image with the brown icing. Allow this to dry for 30-60 seconds. Now add the candy eyes and with the Wilton Foodwriter add the brown lines, red hearts, brown eyelashes and red mouth.
- Locate a picture of Pink Popsi Cool on Google. Print the picture in color. Tape this picture with several small Pink Popsi Cool of it on it to a cookie sheet.
- Tape wax paper (covering the copies of Pink Popsi Cool) to the cookie sheet . Follow the color and features as printed on the paper.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with pink royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the Pink Popsi Cool body first.Fill in the body with the pink icing. Allow this to dry for 30-6- seconds. Now outline the stick of Pink Popsi Cool in yellow then filling it in with the same color. Add the special markings with the pink icing on Pink’s body. Put the candy eyes on Pink while adding the brown eyelashes and red lips.
- Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- Ensure that the image is dry, gently touch one of them with your finger if it allows you to push in on the icing allow it to dry more. If the image is dry then it will have a hard feeling not allowing you to push in on it.
- Cut the wax paper holding the completed image into squares surrounding the completed design.
- Once the image is dry, carefully peel the wax paper off of the back of the images.
- Drizzle the granola bar with yellow, black, and blue icing.
- Allow icing to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Using the royal icing as glue, drop a couple of dots on the back of the Minion candy piece and place it on the center of the granola bars.
What do you think about these Shopkins granola bars? I mean SO CUTE, right???