It’s been a couple of years now since I had Caleb, so while I can still remember all that lovely bed rest, it’s far enough in the past that I can maybe laugh, just a tiny bit, about all the wonders of pregnancy. I came across this book by Kate Casey and it definitely made me laugh. It’s a great book to take a look at when you are feeling down about being pregnant, feeling nostalgic about it, or just plain want to have a good laugh.
“You Know You Are Pregnant When…: Funny Quotes From Women Who Have Been There,” features quotes from women and husbands from all over the country highlighting the often hilarious things that happen to you when you are growing a baby inside your body including hormonal and body changes, strange food cravings, uncomfortable sex, and having a foggy brain.
For those who have been there, or at least know someone who has…does this sound familiar?
- You go to Costco for a new refrigerator but leave with two pizzas.
- You hug the toilet more than your husband
- You stop shaving your legs for your husband and start shaving them for the OB/GYN
- You have eaten a one-pound bag of Skittles that you keep hidden in your car from your other kids
- You assume everyone wants your urine sample
This book is great, so five (5) lucky Lady and the Blog readers will receive a copy of the book to enjoy!!